Fusor playing back midi incorrectly? (live 8) [ANS: Set buffer size to a multiple of 32smps] - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Fusor playing back midi incorrectly? (live 8) [ANS: Set buffer size to a multiple of 32smps]

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

kdt123

Fusor playing back midi incorrectly? (live 8) [ANS: Set buffer size to a multiple of 32smps]

Postby kdt123 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:11 am

Hi, when playing back midi clips with fusor in ableton live suite 8 occasionally midi notes are either cut out completely, held for too long or there is just one long detuned note held for the whole bar. This happens at random but on average every 4-5 repeats of a particular clip.

Individual synths work great but! just checking if this is a known error? or just my setup thanks!

rob_fx (ex-FX)
Left to roam the Cursed Earth

Re: Fusor playing back midi incorrectly? (live 8)

Postby rob_fx (ex-FX) » Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 am

kdt123 wrote:Hi, when playing back midi clips with fusor in ableton live suite 8 occasionally midi notes are either cut out completely, held for too long or there is just one long detuned note held for the whole bar. This happens at random but on average every 4-5 repeats of a particular clip.

Individual synths work great but! just checking if this is a known error? or just my setup thanks!

Hi there. If you loop a midi clip into the arrangement page to (say) 16 bars and then consolidate it into a new clip, do you get the same behavior?
"I was great engineer once, but then I took an arrow to the knee..."

c.lusk

Similar problem.....

Postby c.lusk » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:56 pm

Hey there, when i try to run Fusor in Live (latest version) any midi going into it, either from a keyboard or a clip, seems to get all garbled up and so notes stick, random other notes seem to trigger themselves and then also stick, and generally it all goes wrong. Could you explain how to consolidate a looped clip in the arrange page into a new clip? not sure how to do it.
All 3 synths on their own are running amazing though, these are best things i've ever bought.
Thanks,
Chester

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:17 pm

which EXACT Live 8 builds are you both running? Some have been a bit dodgy with MIDI..
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

c.lusk

live build

Postby c.lusk » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:45 pm

hey there, just checked and it is 8.0.4
thanks
Chester

c.lusk

New build, problem still there

Postby c.lusk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:54 am

Hello again, onto Live 8.0.5 and Fusor still isn't working, which is quite a hassle, and i did what you said and made a clip, looped it in the arrange page, consolidated it then played the new clip, and notes still stick or don't play at all.

Thanks,
Chester

c.lusk

forgot

Postby c.lusk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:57 am

heres the project file with both clips and Fusor loaded in it for you, if its any help.
Thanks again,
Chester
Attachments
Fusor Bug Project.zip
(4.2 KiB) Downloaded 61 times

olicash

experiencing the same problem in Cubase 4

Postby olicash » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:47 pm

Hi,

I have been seeing the same thing on my computer. Fusor will occasionally (say between 1-5 times every 4 bars) ignore a note on/off message from the host. This also occurs when bouncing down. My setup...

Intel Q6600 2.4GHz
4MB RAM
Win XP Home SP3
Cubase 4.5.2
DCAM 1.0.1.2

If you need any more info please ask.

Oli.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Mon Oct 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Hey folks,

I can't reproduce this here. I can't unzip the attached project for some reason; can anyone else upload a problem project for me to take a look at?

c.lusk

bugger

Postby c.lusk » Mon Oct 19, 2009 4:15 pm

sorry, is there anything i could do to repost a file that will unzip?
chester

michu

Postby michu » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:09 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Hey folks,

I can't reproduce this here. I can't unzip the attached project for some reason; can anyone else upload a problem project for me to take a look at?

made on OSX if that matters. here it unzips OK with a bog standard WinXP compressed folder

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:36 pm

Doesn't work here. I unzip on OSX, and I don't even get a full Ableton Live project; just a project cfg file.

c.lusk

Postby c.lusk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:06 pm

weird, the same is happening here, i compress the project folder containing the als file, and when i unzip it, the als is gone.
i have however been able to compress and unzip the als file on its own, so i've attached that. let me know if it works out for you.
sorry about all this messing about.
Chester
Attachments
FusorBug.als.zip
(42.64 KiB) Downloaded 54 times

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:26 pm

Can't get this to occur at all; on XP or OSX Leopard.

c.lusk: What preset were you using for this project? I did load it up, and there was no preset. Which was the only weird thing I found.

c.lusk

Postby c.lusk » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:22 pm

i just loaded an init patch cypher and strobe in the first two slots, on my computer it will glitch regardless of the presets. So you don't have any notes not playing or getting stuck on at all?
this is frustrating, any thing else i should try?
chester

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”