Forum

FXpansion Forum

Life is like a box of analog chocolates

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, Moderators

Is Life like a box of analog chocolates ?

1. Life is like a box of analog chocolates and I would love some !
67%
2. I prefer cheese crakers
13%
3. Run Forset! Run!
20%

Total votes: 30

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:14 pm

Thank you for your compliments. :) And special thanks to the very first customers. 8)

I just wanted to add that some of the demos contain music played by Jim Alfredson of the Organissimo jazz trio.
Especially 02. Cypher Demo 2 - Funk. Some very cool funk riffs there !

Also, the very groovalicious demo 07. Button House is composed by Richard Sven.

Thank you guys ! :)

'Cypher demo 3 - Classic Melodies' contains emulations of sounds from some very well know synth tracks.

zvenx

Postby zvenx » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:51 am

thanks for the compliment Raphael :-).
I had a chance to be playing with these for some weeks. As some may know I never found the overwhelming majority of the factory presets my cup of tea. For me, they were too aggresive, too 'dirty', too distorted etc....
For me, analog synths were the funk/pop/nuwave/fusion of the 70's and 80's and this bank takes me there...Lots of inspirational stuff in this bank for me, lots of smooth, creamy, emotional analog goodness... I think there is something in there for most ppl who liked the smoother sounds of analog synthesizers....my personal favourites are the keyboard brass type stuff, and the leads but then again these were my favourites on those instruments back then as well.
Really really good job RS.
I actually did some more demos, if they dont' make it up on the official demo page I will post them maybe in a week or two. DCam will now find use in my projects. :-)
Hope ppl enjoy this bank as much as I do so there will be a volume 2 or more banks in this direction.
thanks for the inspiration Raphael.
rsp

p.s I should add, in bottom house and if they post any other demos by me, the drums/percussion stuff is courtesy spectrasonics stylus rmx and spectrasonics/ilio groove controlled libraries. All keyboards/synths are from Antiquity.
Nuendo 8 | Gigabyte GAX79UP4 : Intel Hex Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM | Windows 10 64bit| Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | UAD-2 Quad

Cubase 9 | MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7 | 10.12.6 | 16GB | NI Komplete Audio 6 | UAD-2 Sat. Quad

ryanparker

Postby ryanparker » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:00 pm

Wow. I'm truly floored. These patches sound rich, powerful and alive and they are, indeed, very inspiring to work with. Also, I think this really shows off what can be done with these synths. I've learned quite a bit already looking how they are programmed :)

Simply amazing work, Himalaya. I'll be anxiously awaiting your next sound bank.

zvenx

Postby zvenx » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:32 pm

zvenx wrote:I actually did some more demos, if they dont' make it up on the official demo page I will post them maybe in a week or two. DCam will now find use in my projects. :-)
Hope ppl enjoy this bank as much as I do so there will be a volume 2 or more banks in this direction.
thanks for the inspiration Raphael.
rsp

p.s I should add, in bottom house and if they post any other demos by me, the drums/percussion stuff is courtesy spectrasonics stylus rmx and spectrasonics/ilio groove controlled libraries. All keyboards/synths are from Antiquity.

All four of the demos I did are now up.
my two personal favourites are impatient petals and that's it.
rsp
Nuendo 8 | Gigabyte GAX79UP4 : Intel Hex Core Ivy Bridge Extreme 4930K : 32GB RAM | Windows 10 64bit| Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | UAD-2 Quad

Cubase 9 | MacBookPro Retina 2.8Ghz Quad Core I7 | 10.12.6 | 16GB | NI Komplete Audio 6 | UAD-2 Sat. Quad

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:31 pm

Richard, 'Into the AM' is so chilled...
I can hear one of the Texture presets in the 'Impatient Petal' track. Nice to hear it in a groove-oriented track, as I thought these sounds would be picked up by ambient musos.

I'm glad nobody is complaining about a bum note in my first Cypher demo. haha.

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:34 pm

ryanparker wrote:Wow. I'm truly floored. These patches sound rich, powerful and alive and they are, indeed, very inspiring to work with. Also, I think this really shows off what can be done with these synths. I've learned quite a bit already looking how they are programmed :)

Simply amazing work, Himalaya. I'll be anxiously awaiting your next sound bank.

Thank you Ryan. :)

The next bank is certainly planned, at least in my head.

zvenx

Postby zvenx » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:35 pm

himalaya22 wrote:Richard, 'Into the AM' is so chilled...
I can hear one of the Texture presets in the 'Impatient Petal' track. Nice to hear it in a groove-oriented track, as I thought these sounds would be picked up by ambient musos.

I'm glad nobody is complaining about a bum note in my first Cypher demo. haha.

:-) truthfully I am not a real respecter of genres and their boundaries :-)... I mash and mend together :-)
I am sure they will too.
rsp

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:30 pm

True. :)

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:03 pm

Shall we move over to the sticky thread about the sound bank for further info and conversation ? I have just posted some pointers to preset highlights from Antiquity demos. Jump across here:
http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7573608

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”