Himalaya: Antiquity for DCAM Synth Squad - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Himalaya: Antiquity for DCAM Synth Squad

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Himalaya: Antiquity for DCAM Synth Squad

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:18 pm

Hi all,

Electric Himalaya & FXpansion are pleased to announce the availability of Antiquity, an expansion sound set for DCAM Synth Squad.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=108

Antiquity contains 265 presets each for Cypher (dry) and Fusor (with fx).

"Highlights include fat, lush OB-style brass sounds and classic analogue leads and basses of all kinds, full of weight, vibe and inspiration. Deep, evolving pads, shimmering bells, funky arps, powerful keyboard and polysynth sounds and too much more to list. As well as evoking the heavy physics and playability of old-school analogue subtractive and FM sounds, Antiquity brings new dimensions to these classic tones with Synth Squad's modern luxuries like precise tuning, tempo-synced LFOs and envelopes, and advanced modulation."

Available immediately from our online shop. GBP 25 / USD 49 / EUR 29 + taxes where applicable.

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?area=4

Raphael has done a stunning job with these. The demos really speak for themselves.

Enjoy,
Angus.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

quantize

Postby quantize » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:39 am

Hi i just bought Antiquity, just wondering...where is it installing the patches? I can't seem to find them in the User/Documents/FXpansion. But i see them in Cypher and Fusor

you should also be aware the new DCAM installer (and all recent builds for quite a while now) literally quits unless it's run from the mac boot drive as opposed to any other. Sorry for not pointing this out earlier...surely someone else has seen this?

Yes all my permissions etc are correct on all the drives...no issues copying, deleting, installing anything else.
Cubase 10 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 10.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.13.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:42 am

It installs them to /Library/Application Support/FXpansion/(synth)/Collections.

Are your other drives formatted case-sensitive by any chance?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:00 pm

Just to jump across from the 'analog chocolates' thread to his one, I wanted to help highlight a few presets from those demos on the main Antiquity web page:

Fusor demo 3 ( split into three parts) is all about Texture presets. Demonstrated are Macro controls with real time modulation.

Tangerine Dream fans ( or Berlin school electronica fans) select Fusor demo 2 pt2 for an example of an ARP bass preset, and later in the demo at 0:38 another psychedelic vintage arpeggio. And then another spaced out arpeggio. Notice real-time delay time change. This demos also shows one of the choir sounds just at the end of the demo, in case any one likes synthesised choirs. ( I do! :mrgreen: ).

For those chunky 1980s rock brass stabs check out the first sound in Fusor demo 1 pt3. The second preset in this demo is a funky clav. You can hear the Filter Mod effect and the Formant Filter being demonstrated in this preset.

manimal1000bc

Postby manimal1000bc » Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:31 pm

Purchased,Really looking forward to playing with these when i get home ;)

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:41 pm

manimal1000bc wrote:Purchased,Really looking forward to playing with these when i get home ;)

Thank you. :)

A tip:
If your CPU allows, set a larger polyphony amount if playing PAD or KB presets. More polyphony on PAD presets will create a greater sense of 'lushness' if big chords are played. The reason is, most pad sounds have the fine pitch of each oscillator modulated by a random 'note-on' parameter which creates extra movement. So, with big chords and a longer envelope release time, all that modulation adds a subtle but audible chorus.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Manimal is running a Pentium M 1.73 :oops: I'd say that's quite an "if".. manimal, how many voices of poly do you get with Cypher on that box?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:16 pm

Hmm. That could be a problem for larger polyphony counts. I suppose I wrote that tip as a general tip, for any DCAM/Antiquity user. But yes, a more powerful CPU always helps.

This sound bank has been created almost in its entirety on my Dual Core laptop ( since my Quad core PC is in a prolonged service) and I was able to play big chords with higher polyphony counts but at larger sample buffer settings, normaly at 1.024 samples with a total round
trip latency of 48 msec :shock: . Spec: Core 2 Duo 1.8ghz, XP 32, 1 GB Ram, Echo Indigo I/O PCMCIA soundcard.

The higher latency isn't that bad for chordal work, though.

OpenMind

Postby OpenMind » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Just ordered and I am browsing some presets right now...

My first thoughts:
Well well... *deep sigh*... another synth programmer using the word Tangerine in his presets... let's give it a listen... AR 1000 Tangerines.... fiddle some keys... :shock: Wow! That IS Tangerine Dream!

Himalaya(22) ... Thank you very much for these sounds! 8)
Preparing a nice smoke and going to have a long but musical night now... :lol:
BFD2, All FXpansion BFD Packs & Kits, Taiko, Andy Johns, Joe Barresi, Neil Peart, Zildjian Z-Pack
DCAM Synth Squad
- DAW: Q6600, 8GB, XP-Pro SP3 32-bit & Win7 64-bit, Cubase 4.5
- SLAVE: E6600, 4GB, XP-Pro SP3, FX Teleport

himalaya22

Postby himalaya22 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:55 am

OpenMind wrote:My first thoughts:
Well well... *deep sigh*... another synth programmer using the word Tangerine in his presets... let's give it a listen...

I just like tangerines, less so oranges. :lol: :mrgreen:

AR 1000 Tangerines.... fiddle some keys... Wow! That IS Tangerine Dream!

Thank you! :D There are other arpeggiated presets there which have a flavour of that old, psychedelic TD sound. Think of them as 'inspired by' or shades of the original and not direct replicas.

Mind you, it's not half as bad as naming presets 'lush', which I am very guilty of. :oops: Or 'phat' :shock:
I need a program which could come up with random but cool words. I do. :mrgreen:

manimal1000bc

Postby manimal1000bc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:32 am

All these presets are all fine for me,No issues with cpu
I have not tested cypher to check how many it will let me have
But the pads and keys sound pretty lush as they are ;)

I will report back later

manimal1000bc

Postby manimal1000bc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:36 am

Angus_FX wrote:Manimal is running a Pentium M 1.73 :oops: I'd say that's quite an "if".. manimal, how many voices of poly do you get with Cypher on that box?

Dont be embarrassed for me Angus :)
My pentium M is a finely tuned beast ;)

manimal1000bc

Postby manimal1000bc » Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:50 pm

Angus_FX wrote:manimal, how many voices of poly do you get with Cypher on that box?

It starts to give in at 32 voices 6 unison
I tested a few of the pads
I can get 8 unison at a push if i adjust latency to 100 on My Emu 1616m

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”