problem uninstalling demo - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

problem uninstalling demo

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

discospring

problem uninstalling demo

Postby discospring » Sat May 01, 2010 6:29 pm

the demo uninstaller is telling me it doesn't have a script called productname_uninstaller_.fus

any advice appreciated. i'm using a macbook.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Sun May 02, 2010 9:45 am

Did you just download it now? Or a long while ago?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

DWTD

Postby DWTD » Tue May 11, 2010 10:22 pm

I'm having the same problem. When I try to uninstall the demo, an alert message pops up that says: "Failed to find the uninstall script"....please tell me how to uninstall this off of my computer. I am using a Macbook. I ran the 30 day trial period from April/May of 2010, so it's quite recent.

thanks, DJPO

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu May 13, 2010 8:38 am

Are you running on a case sensitive file system there?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

DWTD

Postby DWTD » Thu May 13, 2010 4:48 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure....I'm not that computer savy, plus I'm new to Mac this year. Anyways, I do plan on purchasing the DCAM Synth Squad software in the near future, so would having the demo on there make a difference? I usually don't like programs taking up space in my hard drive if they don't have to, so I'd like to uninstall the demo. Is there an "uninstall" script that I can get you Fxpansion?

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu May 13, 2010 6:40 pm

If you Apple+I on your Macintosh HD it should say something like "File system: HFS+ Journaled" or "File system: HFS+ (Case sensitive)" in the Details box. Can you let me know, please?

Installing the full version will overwrite the demo - in the mean time, you can just trash everything Synth Squad related from the following locations

Mac HD/Applications
Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/VST
Mac HD/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
Mac HD/Library/Application Support/FXpansion

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

DWTD

Postby DWTD » Thu May 13, 2010 9:34 pm

I went ahead and dumped all of the FXpansion items in the places that you directed. As far as when I Apple+I on my Macintosh HD, it says: "Format: MAC OS Extended (Journaled)".....I have no idea what that means. Also, here is verbatim what the alert message says, when I click the "Uninstall DCAM Synth Squad DEMO"...

"Failed to find the uninstall script. It is normally located in the directory you chooseto install the main application to. It has the file name PRODUCT_NAME_uninstaller.fus Please select this fileto continue the process"

"Cannot continue without the uninstall script. Please try again later"

On a side note, GREAT PRODUCT!!!

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri May 14, 2010 11:54 am

Can you have a look in /Library/Logs and see if there are logs for FXpansion Install System & FXpansion Uninstaller?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

DWTD

Postby DWTD » Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 pm

I went ahead and checked and there are only "runtime" files for Fusor, Strobe, Amber, and Cypher, but nothing that says FXpansion INstall or Uninstall

WobbleBot

Postby WobbleBot » Sat May 15, 2010 2:21 pm

Hi Angus, same issue here. Downloaded the demo about 33 days ago. Running 10.5.8

File System = Mac OS Extended (Journaled)

Specs below:

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro5,2
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 2
L2 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Bus Speed: 1.07 GHz

If you need more info, just let me know.

Just 'cause I don't like having non-working toys on my machine, I'd like to uninstall. Plus, it's torture having them sitting there and not being able to use them. I'll be purchasing shortly, but it will take time for the boxes to get to me. If as you say the full version overwrites the demo, then I guess it's not a big deal as I FREAKIN' LOVE these synths. Like many have said, I've not been so jazzed over a softsynth in a long, long time. Cheers to you all!

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Tue May 18, 2010 3:26 pm

You know, if you purchase from our web site, you can download it straightaway.

As to the uninstaller - got people looking in to it on this end, will let you know as soon as I hear anything.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue May 18, 2010 3:37 pm

Hmm. I just tried the 1.0.2.2 DEMO installer here on OSX 10.6.2, and it uninstalled fine. :?

Just out of curiosity; do you guys have any non-english characters in your OSX user-account name? Sounds like a file access or permissions issue to me.

messiahwannabe

Postby messiahwannabe » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:34 pm

i, on the other hand, am having the same problems, except *i* decided *not* to buy the synths after demoing them. any chance you guys could get the uninstall program running for us? i run a tight ship on my computer - if every demo i'd ever tried was stuck in my instruments pulldown, i'd never be able to scroll through them all!

thanks,
mw

Model Name: Mac Pro
Model Identifier: MacPro3,1
Processor Name: Quad-Core Intel Xeon
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number Of Processors: 2
Total Number Of Cores: 8
L2 Cache (per processor): 12 MB
Memory: 6 GB
Bus Speed: 1.6 GHz
Boot ROM Version: MP31.006C.B05
SMC Version (system): 1.25f4

boywonder

Postby boywonder » Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:44 pm

same uninstall issue happening with me,

i have just bought these synths and installed the bundle deal on top. Im have now two issues of synth squad - the demo edition and the downloaded full licence.

Im having issues with the other collections of hymilaya etc only being recognised in fusor and not the individual synths. The sounds are great but i'd like to get rid of the dead wood - demo edition (could this possibly being loaded or recognised instead of the full programs)

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”