(G)UI improvements - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

(G)UI improvements

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, mullynofx, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

mpost

(G)UI improvements

Postby mpost » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:08 am

- visual clue that indicates whether a knob is bipolar or not..
preferably a little center dash..

- easier method for resetting parameters to default.. (other than going to the contextual menu entry)
so for instance: single click parameter> press delete..

- visual clue whether a parameter is modulated by one of the 8 sources..
so without the need to click all 8 sources to see which parameter receives modulation..

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 pm

re bipolarity - which knobs in particular?

re keyboard shortcuts - hard to support reliably across different hosts, binding plugin keyboard commands to the delete key is particularly dangerous (ask an ableton user)

re parameter modulation - you don't need to click the sources, just roll over them with the mouse and it will show you what's being modulated. Parameters with some active modulation have a little more 'glow' to the knob center as well, but it's quite subtle & not that easy to see.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

mpost

Postby mpost » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:21 pm

Angus_FX wrote:re bipolarity - which knobs in particular?

I would say all of them..

re keyboard shortcuts - hard to support reliably across different hosts, binding plugin keyboard commands to the delete key is particularly dangerous (ask an ableton user)

as a Live user I'd say you're right, that's a tricky one.. but there must be alternatives no?
like: double click> press delete> press return..

would like that better since the contextual 'Reset Parameter' entry also doesn't always sit on the same location in the list..

re parameter modulation - you don't need to click the sources, just roll over them with the mouse and it will show you what's being modulated. Parameters with some active modulation have a little more 'glow' to the knob center as well, but it's quite subtle & not that easy to see.

aah, I see.. that glow is very subtle indeed.. but it's gone when switching to 'Main' view..
that was my point really; when trying to dissect a preset it can be hard to see which parameters receive modulation..

mpost

Postby mpost » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm

- larger font size for parameter names/values in the Visualizer..
there's plenty of space..
it's hard as it is already to read values not located at the actual knob/slider..

mpost

Postby mpost » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:09 am

- The dropdown choosers in the modulation slots should highlight the 'current' choices for convenient 'crumb path' navigation..

electroandy

lemme zoom

Postby electroandy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:11 pm

It would be great if you were able to choose a larger (zoomed) version of the plugin panel for those with too many pixels and poor eyesight.

mpost

Postby mpost » Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:25 pm

would be great if all Synth Squad GUI's got an overhaul resembling Tremor and Geist..

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:35 am

"bipolar knobs"....you mean most of my friends....ok - as you were. :lol:

raffivegas

Postby raffivegas » Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:42 pm

I have to say my first impression of the UI was not good. But I've grown quite fond of it now. So I'm posting this to give the UI some love.

chilly7

Postby chilly7 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:52 pm

Year, i think GUI is pretty good for this synth. I do not know why people are compaining. I think the only thing i would add is resizable gui.

I hope in Dcam 2 they will have similar GUI

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”