advanced MIDI control of DCAm inside of Pro Tools - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

advanced MIDI control of DCAm inside of Pro Tools

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

active

advanced MIDI control of DCAm inside of Pro Tools

Postby active » Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:46 pm

I've been doing a lot of reading and can't seem to figure this out. I'd like to be able to sync my MIDI controller to control things various parameters of the DCAM synths in real time. The MIDI learn function seems to not be happy in Pro Tools so that is kind of out. My controller is the Akai MPK88, which has an internal preset memory for MIDI routing, but alas, I'm also very new to that aspect of routing.

Is there a master list somewhere that has all the parameter routing info for these synths so I can route on the MPK88, or is there a way to get the learn function working in PT10? Thanks for your help!

active

Postby active » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:32 pm

or does anyone know of a place to find all the CC# routing for the DCAM stuff?

Rory_FX

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:45 pm

What problems are you having with the MIDI learn in PT? It should work fine providing you have all the routing correctly setup.

fredmant

same

Postby fredmant » Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:22 pm

I am interested in when too. I get this problem sometimes with some virtual instruments. Midi learn (right click) in protools with my Axiom Pro 49 (not hYpercontrol, just USB A I think, or B). Especially frustrating with an expression pedal! It's likely a case of me being ignorant of a basic setting, so, again, very curious to see what we find here
Thanks

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:21 pm

Use Synth Squad's internal MIDI Learn (MIDI symbol button, bottom left corner of GUI, causes all controls to highlight in GREEN), not Pro Tools' one.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”