All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread - Page 6 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

All good things come to those who wait.. the Synth Squad 2 thread

Support for DCAM: Synth Squad

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

umfufu

Postby umfufu » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:32 pm

Not sure if this has been talked about before, but is Fusor getting an update as well eventually?
The press talks about the other synths getting updates but doesn't seem to mention Fusor. I certainly hope it is of course.

emef

Postby emef » Tue Sep 01, 2015 4:33 pm

when's it out then? :P

kafka

Postby kafka » Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:03 pm

Couldn't wait! Got it. (was I the first?)

Totally awesome so far. Strobe has been my go-to on DCAM, so I'm glad you did the update there first. Seems like it should be a lot easier to work with..

CoinOP

Pricing

Postby CoinOP » Mon Sep 14, 2015 4:05 pm

Syntsquad is history now? All synths are purchased separately from now on?

mccy

Postby mccy » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:50 pm

I'm a bit disappointed, that there seem to be no external audio inputs in Strobe 2 anymore... It has been a great feature in Strobe 1 & the others... So thats a downgrade in that case. :-(

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:29 am

CoinOP - yes, but v1 owners will get upgrade discounts on them all (and owners of one v2 synth will likely be able to pick up the rest of the family at a similarly reduced price).

mccy - wondering if there's anything you can do with that which isn't possible (and easier) with Etch..?
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

mccy

Postby mccy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:12 am

That's great, that there is a reduced price for owners of synthsquad for the update & I am really happy to have bought synthsquad, which would now be impossible. I am also a happy owner of nearly all BFD versions, because I started with the smallest for a ridiculous low price and then got updates for II & III. I very carefully pick the companies which I support with my money & as far as I spontaniously recall FXpansion is one of two companies I support although having online activation. I really don't like being dependend on the internet, but that's just my film :-) I am of course depending in another way. What I want to say is, that in general I like the update & sale system & strategies of FXpansion, because you get A LOT for your money.

I just pointed out, that there has been a downgrade, because (maybe my most beloved) a feature has been dropped in Strobe II. FXPansion has won me as customer, because of that feature, because I thought: Wow, I finally get a really nice filter & synth!!

I do not own Etch & I am not about to buy it. I bought synthsquad. I'm happy with synthsquad, but I'm not really sure if it was a good idea to buy strobe II and I am sad that synthsquad is discontinued (in the thing I liked the most about it), it was more to be part of the developement & using the most actual software. It is necessary, that companies benefit from updating their products, I want to support that. In my case it may have been better to take a look closer before buying that 'upgrade' which is for me in an important point a downgrade, that's what I wanted to point out.

Thanks for your answer to my first & critical post in this forum :-)

Martin

mccy

Postby mccy » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:19 am

... :-) so maybe they'll get me with a crossupgrade for both Strobe II & Synthsquad users to get Etch for 40€. Sounds fair, doesn't it? And it is that kind of binding customers that I kind of 'respectlike', because it produces winwin situations for everybody who's involved & it is not unlikely to happen in a similar way. FXpansion lives from their smart customer policy, is that true? It's my thesis.

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:43 am

Grab the Etch demo. See if you like it, if so I'm sure we can sort something out.

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

mccy

Postby mccy » Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:53 pm

cool. thanks. give me 2 weeks :-)

JugJug1978

Postby JugJug1978 » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:40 am

mccy - wondering if there's anything you can do with that which isn't possible (and easier) with Etch..?

Definitely. Assuming that the effects and ARP are included in the FX version, if one uncouples the Performance Controls, you can assign 5 continuous controllers (+ arp/seq) to modulate AND filters AND FX at the same time. That would be very powerful and imo far beyond Etch's possibilities!

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:51 am

Interesting point!

Still not convinced Strobe is the right platform for this - but what you're basically talking about is a semi-modular FX rack with nice filters and Strobe's LFOs/sequencer/etc.

Kind of a mash up of Strobe's feature set with the likes of Bloom and Maul?

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

JugJug1978

Postby JugJug1978 » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:23 am

Exactly!

From a user perspective, I see a tool that can expand elaborately on the present use with (relatively) minor effort from the developer's side. Continuing on the FX version of Strobe 1, just enabling the noise (or was it sub) input as a mono audio input would realise this.

Whether Strobe is the right platform for such - isn t creativity just about finding different uses for a tool for which it is not specifically built? At best, it might even receive a cult following :p Of course, if it doesn't compete directly with FXpansion's future plans or products ;)

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:47 pm

It's not so much competing with the rest of the line I'm worried about - more building something that's good for the job. Strobe FX version was always (IMHO) somewhat crippled by the fact that it wouldn't pass audio without at least one MIDI note-on - and to process a stereo audio stream, you needed to futz about with unison mode.

Not that I've any objection to futzing about with obscure features, you understand, but having to do so just to pass stereo audio seemed like a step in the wrong direction usability-wise :wink:

Twitter | YouTube

Synth Squad | BFD Eco

SoulState

Strobe2 avx support?

Postby SoulState » Thu Oct 01, 2015 1:38 pm

Hi i running 32 bit version of strobe2. I run "diagnostics", and it writes AVX support = no
I have 4930k processor, he is supporting AVX due to specs.
Whats the problem?
Attachments
s2info.png
s2info.png (23.7 KiB) Viewed 2223 times

Return to “DCAM: Synth Squad”