***Please read this first!*** - FAQs, tutorial vids, known issues, GURU crossgrade offer & more - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

***Please read this first!*** - FAQs, tutorial vids, known issues, GURU crossgrade offer & more

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

***Please read this first!*** - FAQs, tutorial vids, known issues, GURU crossgrade offer & more

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:18 pm

Geist - late breaking info

1. FAQ
2. Tutorial videos
3. Known issues
4. Crossgrade offer for GURU users
5. x64 Public Beta

1. FAQs

The Geist FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) can be found HERE. Please read it first, forum posts that ask questions already in the FAQ will be deleted.

2. Tutorial videos

Can be found here:-
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 37BC77F1AB
Four videos up now, two more on the way. These are informative "how to" style tutorials, distinct from the teaser & marketing vids.

3. Known issues

Cubase sync
There is a bug in Cubase 5.5 where sync information is not sent correctly to Geist (and other plugins as well). This will show as the pattern / song / scenes and sampler missing the first beat or starting late after playback is started. After this the patterns will playback properly. We have spoken to the Steinberg development team about this issue and we understand it to be an issue in Cubase 5.5 to be fixed in a future update of Cubase. The bug does not get exhibited in Cubase 5.1.1, so you may wish to consider rolling back to that version or triggering patterns / scenes via MIDI.

Layer and pad locks can become out of sync with the visual representation of the button
Under certain conditions the lock buttons on the pads / layers page can show as being different than the internal state of these buttons. Simply click the button a couple of times to reset to the correct state.

Dragging and dropping multiple files to the pads / layers page can result in not all files being added to the layers
The workaround for this is to drag in fewer files at once (it appears to happen when dragging 8 files at once). Alternatively you can hold alt when Auto loading to load the file to the next available layer.

Song erase mode has a graphical inconsistency when being activated
This is a purely cosmetic issue that manifests as no erase information being drawn.

Return to song-start button returns to the start of the loop region, even when loop is not active
To work around this issue, stop the transport and double click the Return to Start button.

Selecting a portion of a gated note and moving it results in splitting up the gated note
To work around this issue, select the whole gated note.

Sometimes there can be visual jitter on effect knobs
This is a graphical issue caused when automating pad effects. Internally there is no jitter, but visually the knob may move around slightly.

Gated patterns continuously playback when triggered from a scene
There is currently no workaround for this problem.

Midi CC control of the song-start button always misses the first beat of the song
To workaround this issue, click the Return to Start button on the interface rather than using a MIDI CC.

License manager can report the product is not authorized when it actually is.
This is merely a visual bug. If the Geist interface is active, the program is authorized. Restarting license manager will make this issue go away.

4. Crossgrade offer for GURU users

Registered GURU owners can crossgrade to Geist for half price - £79, $125, Eur 95 + VAT where applicable. To access the crossgrade price, make sure you're logged in to your account on fxpansion.com and that your GURU serial number is registered, then proceed to the online shop.

Note that once you crossgrade to Geist, you will not be able to sell or otherwise transfer your GURU license. You can of course carry on using GURU.

If you should decide to sell/transfer Geist at a later date, your GURU license must be transferred together with your Geist license and you will not be able to use GURU anymore. A single $50 license transfer charge will apply.

5. x64 Public Beta

A public beta version of Geist for Windows 7 x64, Standalone & VST will be made available to registered Geist owners only during the week beginning Monday, November 22nd.

The Mac OS X Snow Leopard x64 Standalone, VST and AU version will be made available shortly thereafter.

Geist x86 runs in the currently available x64 bit bridges with no known issues beyond the general limitations of such bridges.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

Nikan

Postby Nikan » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:02 pm

Hey guys,

Why not wait for the release till all the 64bit versions are working?
A bit weird because more and more people are switching to 64bit DAWs..

So buying it now wouldn't be handy for me now..
And the mac os x beta will be out later than the win7 64 bit - after 22nd , so no exact date - and how stable will the beta version be..?

seems to me like a missed opportunity to get the fully ready product online in 1 time for all versions and OS's.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Wed Nov 17, 2010 6:06 pm

cerealkiller wrote:Hey guys,

Why not wait for the release till all the 64bit versions are working?
A bit weird because more and more people are switching to 64bit DAWs..

So buying it now wouldn't be handy for me now..
And the mac os x beta will be out later than the win7 64 bit - after 22nd , so no exact date - and how stable will the beta version be..?

seems to me like a missed opportunity to get the fully ready product online in 1 time for all versions and OS's.

There are many people who still run 32bit DAW's, and even those who are running 64bit DAW's can run 32bit plugins inside their hosts bitbridge. The 64bit builds are in progress, and the Windows 64bit build is near completion. We have a few more things to tie up with it, and then we'll release a public beta.

I can tell you that I've been looking at the Win 64bit beta today, and it is as stable as the 32bit. A few functionality kinks to work out, but it really wont be long before it's available. The OSX side of things is a bit more tricky, and will take a bit longer.

Please be patient with us ;)

ed_moliano

Giest Cross grade offer

Postby ed_moliano » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:38 pm

Hey there

I love Guru and have a registered copy and want to buy the cross grade copy of Geist. However, i can't afford to at the minute. i was just wondering if this offer will be ongoing for existing Guru owners or is there an expiry date?
Thanks Mark

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: Giest Cross grade offer

Postby Paul_fx » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:42 pm

ed_moliano wrote:Hey there

I love Guru and have a registered copy and want to buy the cross grade copy of Geist. However, i can't afford to at the minute. i was just wondering if this offer will be ongoing for existing Guru owners or is there an expiry date?
Thanks Mark

Ongoing offer for Guru users, no expiry date :D

-Paul

ed_moliano

Postby ed_moliano » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Amazing stuff. thanks very much. I'll scrape some dollars together!

RenLB

Re: ***Please read this first!*** - FAQs, tutorial vids, known issues, GURU crossgrade offer & more

Postby RenLB » Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:48 pm

Angus_FX wrote:Geist - late breaking info

[b]3. Known issues

Cubase sync
There is a bug in Cubase 5.5 where sync information is not sent correctly to Geist (and other plugins as well). This will show as the pattern / song / scenes and sampler missing the first beat or starting late after playback is started. After this the patterns will playback properly. We have spoken to the Steinberg development team about this issue and we understand it to be an issue in Cubase 5.5 to be fixed in a future update of Cubase. The bug does not get exhibited in Cubase 5.1.1, so you may wish to consider rolling back to that version or triggering patterns / scenes via MIDI.

Hi guys, new (and proud!) Geist user here. I already stated this on the Gearslutz thread but wanted to reinforce here in case anyone missed it. I having the same weird behaviour described above but not on Cubase, i use Reaper. I'm using the latest Reaper v3.73 x86 just so you know that this problem is NOT exclusive to Cubase... maybe it's something in Geist?

Drew_fx

Re: ***Please read this first!*** - FAQs, tutorial vids, known issues, GURU crossgrade offer & more

Postby Drew_fx » Tue Nov 23, 2010 12:12 pm

RenLB wrote:
Angus_FX wrote:Geist - late breaking info

[b]3. Known issues

Cubase sync

Hi guys, new (and proud!) Geist user here. I already stated this on the Gearslutz thread but wanted to reinforce here in case anyone missed it. I having the same weird behaviour described above but not on Cubase, i use Reaper. I'm using the latest Reaper v3.73 x86 just so you know that this problem is NOT exclusive to Cubase... maybe it's something in Geist?

Hey,

I've been testing with Reaper quite a lot and have never noticed this. Is this on Windows or OSX?

RenLB

Postby RenLB » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:36 pm

Hi Drew thanks for your attention ;)

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. This behaviour was quite frequent and annoying yesterday when i first installed Geist but today it hasn't ocurred yet i dunno why such a miracle is happening though since i haven't changed anything in my system at all.. but if it happens again i will let you know. Will try to find out what triggers this behaviour.

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:48 pm

RenLB wrote:Hi Drew thanks for your attention ;)

I'm using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate. This behaviour was quite frequent and annoying yesterday when i first installed Geist but today it hasn't ocurred yet i dunno why such a miracle is happening though since i haven't changed anything in my system at all.. but if it happens again i will let you know. Will try to find out what triggers this behaviour.

That would be great! I am also on x64 Ultimate at home, with latest Reaper, so I can check there if need be.

mvanmarter

Postby mvanmarter » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:19 pm

Hi guys,

Regarding the Cubase 5.5 sync bug, how usable or unusable does this make using Geist in Cubase 5.5?

Thanks,

- Marc

------------------------------------------------------------

errripppage

Scroll reversal in Geist song mode

Postby errripppage » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:03 am

Hi there,

I've noticed that the scrolling in song mode in Geist is the reverse of all of my other applications. With my Logitech mouse when I scroll left in Geist in songmode, the cursor scrolls right.. and when I scroll right in song mode, the cursor scrolls left. In all other applications right is right.. and left is left.. Has this bug been noted??
It can make one slightly dizzy jumping back and forth between the DAW and Geist when working on a track etc..

Many Thanks!

-WM

daveonions

Postby daveonions » Thu Aug 25, 2011 3:07 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently bought a physical copy of Geist from a shop, having previously enjoyed Guru CM and tried out the demo of Geist. Enjoyed it so much I had to have the real thing.

Was gutted to discover I'd missed the Best of Guru expander promotion that you guys had offered until July 31st.

I was just wondering if, as a registered user of Guru CM and a new Geist user, there was any discount on the Best of Guru expander.

If not, I'll carry on with Goldbaby's new one "When Alien Drum Robots Attack 2" which, should anyone be in any doubt, is OUTSTANDING.

Thanks,

Dave

Return to “Geist”