Geist hardware controller maps - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist hardware controller maps

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

eggheadpro

Launchpad map

Postby eggheadpro » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:24 am

Launchpad control map for Geist please.

f.friction

Template of Miko

Postby f.friction » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:24 am

Hey Rory what about a template for bump mp on Miko.
That was my first intro to Guru. Shame that the bump
mp was not updated...

quantize

Postby quantize » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:45 pm

Yeh i also have a Launchpad and would love to be using it more productively with Geist!
Cubase 9.5 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 10.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.12.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3 • TC Powercore Firewire (32Lives)

daveonions

Postby daveonions » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Thirded for a Launchpad map

schmidi

Postby schmidi » Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:29 pm

You may want to check this site out for the Launchpad. I use the APC40 version and it's a huge help when producing and performing. Give you a drum grid, as well as a TON of extras features for a small fee.

www.nativekontrol.com

VanquisherMedia

Postby VanquisherMedia » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:30 am

I use a combination of Katapult and Automap with my Launchpad when Geist is in standalone mode. With Katapult, you can set up your own layout, including the colors. I use that for the drums pads, scenes and patterns etc, and Automap for engine selection on the side buttons. Katapult supports the mapping of keyboard shortcuts as well.

In Ableton, Katapult also allows you to still use Live's Session View page, with the Katapult layout on another(mine in on User 1).

http://www.midikatapult.com/Katapult/Home.html

It has a demo, which is what I am using until I get the money for it. It has all of the features, but it is time-limited and expires after 15 minutes, after which you can just restart it.

stikygum

Postby stikygum » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Katapult looks very interesting. I kind of want to try out the launchpad now.

schmidi wrote:You may want to check this site out for the Launchpad. I use the APC40 version and it's a huge help when producing and performing. Give you a drum grid, as well as a TON of extras features for a small fee.

www.nativekontrol.com

So you are using this template for your APC40 to control Geist? Meaning that the Lauchpad template should work also? Everything on there seems geared towards Live.

stikygum

Re: Geist hardware controller maps

Postby stikygum » Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Paul_fx wrote:Hi guys,

At the link below you can find controller maps for the Akai MPD32 and the Native Instruments Maschine. The download contains instructions for using both.

Geist controller maps

The Maschine template is great, but isn't fully working. Is anyone else not able to use the play/record/erase/etc buttons on the Maschine controller to control Geist? It works for me to play the pads and switch between controlling the pads/patterns/etc with the banks, but these 'transport' controls aren't working.

schmidi

Postby schmidi » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:51 am

stikygum wrote:So you are using this template for your APC40 to control Geist? Meaning that the Lauchpad template should work also? Everything on there seems geared towards Live.

Good question, I should have been more clear. I have not had a lot of luck mapping Geist (STAND ALONE) to the APC40, but running Geist in Live works pretty well if you take the time to do host mapping.

Though I much prefer my MPD18 for tactile drumming, The APC (and I assume the launchpad with the native scripts) makes for a nice all on one surface unit for composing and full performance of a set.

I would suggest watching the videos on the nativekontrol website and see what you think.

Best of luck!

stikygum

Postby stikygum » Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Yeah it's nice to have an all in one controller.

I'm trying to use the Maschine controller with the Geist template, but the transport isn't working and I'm not sureif everything else does. I know the pads work. I'll have to check and see if the knobs on it do. I think it's just the transport controls and possibly other buttons that don't work.

Anyone else have this issue?

stikygum

Postby stikygum » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:11 pm

What channel is the Geist parameters like Cutoff and Rez (and also transport) supposed to be set to? I now engines 1-8 are supposed to set to Channels 1-8, 9 is current Geist pads/patterns/engines, I think 11 is Scenes and 16 has it's own too. So I'm guessing the Cutoff parameters and transport buttons are supposed to be set to channel 9 too then, right?

peejosity

Postby peejosity » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:10 am

Hey guys,

So i'm looking at getting a control surface for Geist. I kind of like the look (and more importantly the price) of the Novation Launchpad, but I'm a little concerned if I buy it I might not be able to use it in Geist yet? I don't know how to setup control surfaces for it as there isn't any options in a setup to set keystrokes etc.

Is there a surface that works out of the box perfectly with send and receives like the launchpad does in ableton?

Cheers

-Peej-

abstractcats

Re: Geist hardware controller maps

Postby abstractcats » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:58 am

Paul_fx wrote:Hi guys,

At the link below you can find controller maps for the Akai MPD32 and the Native Instruments Maschine. The download contains instructions for using both.

Geist controller maps

Users who create maps for other hardware, feel free to link to them in this thread for others using the same hardware. If there is specific hardware you would like us to map, let us know what it is and time permitting we will look in to it.

Hi Paul,

will these maps work for the Akai MPK 49 controller?

Thanks, ScottAC

sik098765

MPK49

Postby sik098765 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:45 pm

Hi In would also like to know how to map the pads to the pads on my MPK49, surprised this is not a standard feature tbh unless I am missing something...?

Cheers

peejosity

Postby peejosity » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:29 pm

If it is something that becomes too complicated I think I'll just use Geist as a plugin in Ableton :(

Return to “Geist”