Feature Requests for Geist - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests for Geist

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

bobbybland

Feature Requests for Geist

Postby bobbybland » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:43 pm

1. When loading an audio file, please allow us to truncate the audio file.Delete the truncated audio. And then slice..

2. Allow us to slice a wav file up to 128 slices, and then have a simple keyboard mode, to where we can play these chops.. (if you need a good program that does this well,please reference Image Line SliceX, FREE Demo).

3. Allow editing after Divide mode.

4.Tap Tempo button on UI

5. Make GUI larger.. surely this one takes time,just really thought it would be alot larger.. this would help out with the browser

That's all for me, other then these feature requests I think Geist is great..

:wink:

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: Feature Requests for Geist

Postby Paul_fx » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:53 pm

bobbybland wrote:1. When loading an audio file, please allow us to truncate the audio file.Delete the truncated audio. And then slice..

2. Allow us to slice a wav file up to 128 slices, and then have a simple keyboard mode, to where we can play these chops.. (if you need a good program that does this well,please reference Image Line SliceX, FREE Demo).

3. Allow editing after Divide mode.

4.Tap Tempo button on UI

5. Make GUI larger.. surely this one takes time,just really thought it would be alot larger.. this would help out with the browser

That's all for me, other then these feature requests I think Geist is great..

:wink:

All on the FR list - 1, 3, 4 will come first...

-Paul

-Paul

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:03 pm

That's dope, then I'm keeping it!! :wink: You just made my day kind sir..

jkswopes

Postby jkswopes » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:38 pm

nice, tap tempo is a must as is editing slices in divide mode ;)

good to see it's coming :)
SoundsAndGear.com - music production news, tips, gear, reviews, and videos

Angus_FX
Herder of Cats

Postby Angus_FX » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:02 am

Bear in mind, to make the browser more spacious you can hide Size and Type.
-- Angus F. Hewlett - CEO - FXpansion --
Twitter | YouTube
Synth Squad | BFD Eco

tobybrundin

Pad hold or toggle mode

Postby tobybrundin » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:22 am

When looping is engaged on a pad, have a mode so you hit it once to play and hit it again to stop. Or bring back the 'hold' key which you had in Guru 1.6 which does the same thing.

This is a really really really really useful feature for anyone doing live performance and one of the things that keep Roland's SP series samplers going. There are always threads asking for it in Ableton and NI forums.

RenLB

Postby RenLB » Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:43 pm

I would love to be able to use 3rd party FX VST plugins inside Geist FX inserts/chains (mainly Nebula and Aether in my case) ;)

dz88

Postby dz88 » Mon Nov 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Forgive me if this is already possible, but I've been unable to find a way to do it.

When a rex file or loop is brought up, it would be great to have a start and end anchor point, that way you could immediately determine where slicing should start and stop.

I'm finding that some of the longer loops in my library create and stack so many slices, that the first pad ends up triggering a slice 4 bars into the groove instead of the first slice.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:50 pm

dz88 wrote:Forgive me if this is already possible, but I've been unable to find a way to do it.

When a rex file or loop is brought up, it would be great to have a start and end anchor point, that way you could immediately determine where slicing should start and stop.

I'm finding that some of the longer loops in my library create and stack so many slices, that the first pad ends up triggering a slice 4 bars into the groove instead of the first slice.

This one is on the FR list and will be added in a future update

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Mon Nov 22, 2010 4:57 pm

Angus_FX wrote:Bear in mind, to make the browser more spacious you can hide Size and Type.

that may work,hows this done?

edit: Nevermind I got it, go to the little arrow,on the side and choose columns, they also included a nice filter for the browser..awesome, thanks

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Mon Nov 22, 2010 5:55 pm

bobbybland wrote:
Angus_FX wrote:Bear in mind, to make the browser more spacious you can hide Size and Type.

that may work,hows this done?

edit: Nevermind I got it, go to the little arrow,on the side and choose columns, they also included a nice filter for the browser..awesome, thanks

Click the little arrow on the top right of the browser to choose what you can see. Also, you can drag the divider between the sidebar and also the shortlists to make the main browser window bigger

-Paul

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:05 pm

bet thanks

bobbybland

Postby bobbybland » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:08 pm

Truncate audio files is soooo needed :cry:

Bendish

Postby Bendish » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:35 am

My personal wish list....with respect to the awesome software that is Geist....

1. Scaled amp and pitch envelopes: i.e. the envelope length is proportional to the size of the sample selection. This way we have more control over editing and cleaning up unwanted noise and tails (low frequency bass drums and sine waves are obviously difficult when trying to remove that click at the end of the sample even on zero crossing). Even the jjos on the mpc has fade in and out processing now. More precise envelopes would do the trick. Although Gurus shading envelopes were apparently not precise, the idea was there. Battery has excellent visual representations of the envelope on the waveform.

2. Get rid of the 12 semitone limit to pitch shifting: that's some low range business right there...surely this can be sorted out without too much of a hitch.

3. Better time stretching algorithms: a luxury but would be nice to have a selection of options for melodic, percussive, polyphonic sounds etc

4. Mute groups: the current pad muting system is confusing and overly complicated. A simple 1 - 32 of mute groups would be fine and lead to way more complex linkages.

5. Where did the groove presets go?: I know you can import Guru and midi but this omission is a shame. SP1200, mpc etc

----------------------------------------

That's my essential lot but there are a couple of more luxury requests that I imagine are mostly untenable.

6. MP3 and MP4 support: for those without a turntable or those that do it all in the box we all have massive libraries of mp3s and mp4s which could be so much fun to smash up mash up bash up. Its bare expensive O am told to get the license but hey in this competitive industry...bells and whistles generally leads to better sales....I reckon. Using external editors is a pain in the arse. My ideal is to use one program only for everything. This would be on the way.

7. 44100 Wave generator pad sample window: Or drawable wave a la Renoise. You know it would be awesome for instrument patches.

That's all for now!

Awesome time!!!! Awesomeness!!!! Take me to the river!!!!

ox

filament74

Postby filament74 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:27 am

drag and drop each pad audio export to DAW like Nerve please!!!!

Return to “Geist”