Feature Requests for Geist - Page 25 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests for Geist

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

sharke

Postby sharke » Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:28 am

Another feature I'd like to see is the ability to quickly insert/delete time in song mode. It's a real pain when you change the arrangement of your song in the DAW by inserting new sections or deleting sections, and you find yourself having to lasso huge parts of the song in Geist and drag them around to accommodate the change. It would be so cool to just be able to say "insert 16 bars at bar 32" or "delete 8 bars at bar 120."

vasilios

Feature request

Postby vasilios » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:52 am

Drag a pad to DAW= renders pad to DAW
Drag a track( sequencer lane) to DAW= Renders track to DAW
Drag an engine to DAW= Renders Engine mix to DAW
Drag Master Volume knob to DAW= Renders Preset to DAW

jeannot

Re: Feature request

Postby jeannot » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:13 pm

vasilios wrote:Drag a pad to DAW= renders pad to DAW
Drag a track( sequencer lane) to DAW= Renders track to DAW
Drag an engine to DAW= Renders Engine mix to DAW
Drag Master Volume knob to DAW= Renders Preset to DAW

This would be great, indeed.

jblongz

Postby jblongz » Tue May 05, 2015 4:54 pm

An octave dedicated for Note Repeat trigger. (1/8, 1/8T, 1/16, etc).

jbrown3

Re:

Postby jbrown3 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:42 am

jbrown3 wrote:
JoeMusic wrote:I would like it to show the name of the kits that are assigned to each engine, maybe in a small space above the pads or something. Also, show the name the current loaded file (such as a user preset), like most programs do on the title bar on the top.

Also, some type of visual indicator that shows which pads have effects on them. I was thinking of something like a small FX button on the left side of the pattern view. There could be also an indicator on the pads themselves, or something like the selected pad indicator, except a different color. Or it could be something as simple as pads that have one or more effects would have different color text or highlighted in some way. I think it would helpful sometimes when going back and opening a saved preset or something that the user hasn't worked on in a while.

Also, a way to automate effects that are on the engine with graphs.

UUhhhhhh yeah. I've been wanted to textual info on the engine kit names as well. I think because I've asked for it so much, that I've ticked them off, and they won't do it. I even miss the pad info path name stuff.

Re-kicking up dirt to hopefully remind the Geist 2 designeers of the need to show loaded kit names, and a way to identify pad info or path name stuff. PLEEEEEEEEEEEZZZEEEEE ALREADDDDDDDY!!!!!!

Jwiering

Re: Feature Requests for Geist

Postby Jwiering » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:27 am

PAD MUTE mode! Went over to an all hardware set using the MPC5000, but I'm really missing the flexibility and rapidness of Geist. The only thing that is holding me back to returning to Geist+controller is the abundance of a PAD MUTE mode.

I do a lot of live-perfomances and the ability to turn sounds on and off with the pads is great on the MPC5000. Composing tracks on the fly! Leaving the hihat of an engine on and starting to build up (unmuting) the sounds on a different pattern.. really tying together a whole live-set full off different engines(kits) and sounds - on-the-fly.

The only thing missing for this is a simple button that changes touching the pads from making sound, to muting and unmuting them. The same way the Engine mute is doing now, only then for pads.

Man, I can't wait for this function. Really looking forward to Geisting again, instead of MPC'ing. :mrgreen:

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:36 am

Jwiering wrote:PAD MUTE mode!

+5k

other functions missing from pad display:
pad solo
pad rename (srsly)
level faders

Users to navigate away across various window tabs *so often* when using Geist - symptomatic of a UI problem. i know fxpansion hate it's mention but motu/uvi bpm had this aspect nailed.

konfront

Postby konfront » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:48 pm

In the sampler mode a DELETE ALL SLICES would be convenient. I was chopping up a long sample and upon loading the said sample, geist automatically put slices wherever. Took a while to be able to clear that mess and slice as I wished.

Oblak

Postby Oblak » Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:17 pm

I dont know if it was mentioned and it is not too late, my feature request is:
All controlls for Repeats. That means I can set up velocity for each repeat note, not only whole repeat group.
I take picture form Geist 2 topic and change to what I want to write.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yg7i1d2dyv79 ... l.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qduxj1pr2oak5 ... l.PNG?dl=0

tanginacat

Postby tanginacat » Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:01 pm

dedicated swing knob for every pattern? 5t 7t length? and the possibility to automate tempo modifier would be so awesome

shyheim10

Postby shyheim10 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:43 pm

Would honestly love a bigger sample slicing window.

Also...when zooming sometimes the cursor doesn't follow the slices. Seems like a hit or miss between switching pads.

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Sun May 01, 2016 10:14 pm

Oblak wrote:I dont know if it was mentioned and it is not too late, my feature request is:
All controlls for Repeats. That means I can set up velocity for each repeat note, not only whole repeat group.
I take picture form Geist 2 topic and change to what I want to write.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5yg7i1d2dyv79 ... l.PNG?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qduxj1pr2oak5 ... l.PNG?dl=0

+1

And even better!
The repeat-portion can also be dragged left and right so they widen and get spread over the amount of steps you enlarge them to.
So for instance a 3x repeated sample on 1 step can get dragged over 4 steps.
All this while retaining 3 graphsteps with all available automation.
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12
OSX 10.11.5 13" /2,4gHz/ 8gb ram/nvidia geforce 320M 256mb

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Sun May 01, 2016 10:45 pm

O, plus the silly improvement that when i solo in patternview i also see that in mixerview.
Duh
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

konfront

Postby konfront » Tue May 03, 2016 11:59 pm

stufflin wrote:O, plus the silly improvement that when i solo in patternview i also see that in mixerview.
Duh

But of course. whatever the track's status should reflect in all windows. The fact that I've had to search who was soloed/muted/fader upped/fadder downed has been a peeve of mine.

stufflin

Postby stufflin » Wed May 04, 2016 8:33 am

I would like it that any (graph)automation is reflected in the padview/effects or anywhere else.

And oneshot setting for patterns would be great. That way i dont have to add 100 empty steps to a fill which makes the pattern zoom out.
Geist 2.0.6.5 64bit
Bitwig 1.3.12

Return to “Geist”