Feature Requests for Geist - Page 11 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests for Geist

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

PHY6

Postby PHY6 » Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:37 pm

VanquisherMedia

Postby VanquisherMedia » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:58 am

I already mentioned graph automation for the engines, but just to elaborate on that, I think it would be great if the graph menu's on the side of the pattern mode were also selectable for the engines in song mode. I understand that it might be difficult to implement into the program though, since the graphs are based on each step, and I suppose that patterns in the song mode would be have to be different in some way in order to automate things like volume, velocity, effects parameters etc across one or more patterns.

Herman78

Full Screen Mode

Postby Herman78 » Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:44 pm

Would be really nice. It´s very anyoing not to be able to use full screen in Geist. Make it happen :)

banned from europe union

midiout standart please

Postby banned from europe union » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:43 am

standart midiout graph to extern or vst instrument as maschine korg em1x etc
in current version :
we must composed mapping and setting each value of each cc parameter where we have mapping
by each sound changing

so i can not work
just once testing 20 sounds for my song need a workarraound of 23 weeks.

please please give us a standart setting with global mapping
the value must only changed when you set a value in the graph :)

steveday

Geist feature request - more pads per engine please

Postby steveday » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:23 pm

These requests are more for like when there's a Geist 2.x but I'd figure that I'd ask for them here just in case:

I simply need more than 16 pads without having to go to another engine. It would be great to have a + and - key to add more pads/rows/layers to an engine. This would be HUGE for me, as I like to make my own multi-sampled, multi-mic custom drum libraries (with separate OH, Room, etc like BFD). I load each mic for each instrument on each pad (except for stereo tracks like OH which share a pad). Geist already has the perfect 16 channel mixer for it, and it's got a ton of pads if I want to extend one of my drum instruments over many engines....... it's just that only having 16 pads per engine and spreading them out over the different engines doesn't give me the mixer control that I'd otherwise have. The mixer control already built in is wonderful. Heck, even the amount of outputs is great. Just more pads please. ;-)

The second part of this feature would be to increase the maximum allowed stacks layers per pad. 8 is a good for most people's uses, but I need to be able to load all my velocity samples for my instruments. Increasing the max samples per pad would greatly help me to transfer over my Battery 3 libraries to Geist libraries instead. :-)

Gy2012

Re: Geist feature request - more pads per engine please

Postby Gy2012 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:27 pm

steveday wrote:I simply need more than 16 pads without having to go to another engine.

co-sign, a more flexible use like the Roland MV-8000 (keyrange define able / pad, polyphon playable, up to 128 pads /engine etc...) offers would be so great :/ *dream*
Presonus Studio One Pro 1.6.5 , Windows 7 x64, GEIST!

jbrown3

Postby jbrown3 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 2:44 am

jbrown3 wrote:Since I haven't bought Geist yet, I think that I may have been overlooked for my feature request in another post. So I am putting it here in hopes that these requests show up in a future release.

1) I need to be able to know what kits are currently loaded on any given engine.

2) I need to be able to see the pad information (e.g. path name and sample name) when I right click on any pad (like in guru). In the case where pads have layers, at least let me see the path name and sample of where the samples came from on each layer somehow.

Options 1) and 2) are needed because I rely on trying to build congruent/similar songs for given projects/albums, meaning that if I have a theme for an album, and I want to have the same song,vibe,similar instrumentation, it would be much easier to know what my building blocks are or were on the previous song made. Having to spend minutes upon minutes just to trying to answer, "Now what kit was used for this engine? I want to use that one again on this next track" is not productive at all. GURU gave me this as a minimum. Hence the reason I have not upgraded.

I understand that you guys may be fighting for GUI real estate on the Geist interface, but maybe you can at least show what I need in tooltips popups when I hold my mouse over stuff. Or at least when I right mouse click on a pad/engine/etc, add something to the menu list that will provide this info (e.g. "Get pad sample info"; "Get engine kit info".

3) Even though the Geist slicing is supposed to be robust and all, still give the user this special option of dragging and dropping multiple samples that are external to the Geist simultaneously to all 16 pads of Geist in the following special case like I saw in this video example. Look starting at time 4:50 thru 5:22 in the video.

http://www.youtube.com/user/foodclothes ... wUW_1irCa4

Peace,
JB

Was option 1 or 2 described above ever incorporated into Geist yet? If I click on a pad, can I find out what path and filename is assigned to it?

jbrown3

Postby jbrown3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:47 am

Bump??

scrappy

Postby scrappy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:26 am

Don"t think I saw this FR yet.. any chance that I can get some number labeling (1 2 3 4 5 etc) on the pattern keys?

It's driving me nuts when I put together patterns together in song mode and constantly have to look it up which is which.. The pattern naming is not sufficient especially when the pattern grows.

That or just a full list of pattern names dropdown somewhere on song page. I love building in song mode but pass 2 or 3 engines it's making my head spin :(

Gridden

Postby Gridden » Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:17 am

scrappy wrote:Don"t think I saw this FR yet.. any chance that I can get some number labeling (1 2 3 4 5 etc) on the pattern keys?

It's driving me nuts when I put together patterns together in song mode and constantly have to look it up which is which.. The pattern naming is not sufficient especially when the pattern grows.

That or just a full list of pattern names dropdown somewhere on song page. I love building in song mode but pass 2 or 3 engines it's making my head spin :(

I asked for this way back in beta, not a number but that the pattern "keys" be made sufficiently big that they can be named - VS1-A, M8, C3-C, FILL, etc etc.
Doubt it'll happen, song-mode seems to be the red-headed step-child of Geist, I just don't bother with it anymore.

Glittercloud

Postby Glittercloud » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:31 am

CALVIN01 wrote:would like to change the grid to add triplets into a 16th note pattern sometimes please. :)

+1

Bigboi

larger sample editor screen

Postby Bigboi » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:25 am

(1)Please make the sample editing screen much much larger. Maybe a pop up window.

(2)Sample editing a little to loose, Please make it more precise.

banned from europe union

ADSR HORROR

Postby banned from europe union » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:30 pm

ADSR

the current ADSR is horrible
Please make regular knobs :) :)

key.rising

Postby key.rising » Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:20 pm

from page 1...

1. When loading an audio file, please allow us to truncate the audio file.Delete the truncated audio. And then slice..

3. Allow editing after Divide mode.

also..

- - - When when a large piece of audio is sliced onto pads and we export the audio from pads, we need 16 smaller audio files, not the original sample that was sliced...

Gy2012

Re: ADSR HORROR

Postby Gy2012 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:49 am

mister thing wrote:ADSR

the current ADSR is horrible
Please make regular knobs :) :)

especially on Win7 (feels sluggish, laggy) the GUI is much slower than on OS X (Fast natural responding)

It would be nice if we could move the values with the mouse wheel to fine-tune (than it wouldnt matter how laggy it is).
Presonus Studio One Pro 1.6.5 , Windows 7 x64, GEIST!

Return to “Geist”