Feature Requests for Geist - Page 20 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests for Geist

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

knobsmcgee

Postby knobsmcgee » Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:29 am

make the on/off toggle switches [0] cpu keyboard controllable :idea:

THA1

Postby THA1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:45 pm

The Geist Manual really needs updating, as you add new features they should be implimented into the manual. ( may be leave space at the end of the manual for a chapter called "New Features" with the as of Geist update version.

KhalilG

Sample Start/End Midi CC

Postby KhalilG » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:55 pm

I second the "Sample Start/End Midi CC" feature request. This is such a basic feature that I have a very hard time believing this wasn't considered from the very beginning. Was it a technical issue that couldn't be worked out in time? I just don't get what's taking so long.

Whosdatswing84 wrote:First of all: thank you for developing this BEAST, i love it!!!

but the more i work with it, the more i get frustrated because of some details missing which are keeping it from a "state of the art" status, just like the MV/mpc4000 in the late 90ies.

Sample start -end MIDI CC < thats the only reason i still use the maschine software... just make it midi controllable please.
Pad/layer/row mode MIDI programable.
Pattern/Scene/Song...etc. views MIDI programable.
copy paste via MIDI.
playing by hitting a pad when record is armed.
maybe multiple banks per engine but its not a must imo.

I just cant understand how its possible that such "features" are missing (exept of this, the concept of executed perfectly imo).

you have the possibility to make the perfect solution for sample based production but its just close... i mean to have no sample start/end MIDI controll function is as ridicolous as maschine without time strech function (which is hillarious imo)...

please dont get me wrong, im comin off the MV8000 because im tired of the endless project loading times and with Geist i have ALMOST found a equivalent substitute. so please please please make the sample start -end parameter MIDI controllable.

big shot outs to the developers, Geist is my all time fav plug in, make those little changes possible and its perfect IMO.

peace

sinnight

Re: Steps Midi mapping!

Postby sinnight » Mon Jan 14, 2013 8:48 am

gee hgt wrote:please do for next update:
midi functionality for pattern steps!!!
at least for 32 steps. it should work for currently selected pad or all 16 pads...
:idea: :arrow: :idea: :arrow:

What about OSC support? If any step had an osc address (and if they sent osc messages too), then I think it would be quite easy to build a custom template on something like TouchOSC...

My only doubts (I don't know much about OSC, yet) are:
- is there is a way to ask a "dump of settings" though osc, so when you change pattern (or just launch TouchOSC) it can reflect the current state of the step sequencer?
- is it possible to send osc messages without having the host involved (say you're using Geist as an audio unit in Logic, can you send osc messages directly from the plugin or are you forced to ask Logic to send those Osc messages? if the latter, can this be done in a trasparent way?)
- what if there are multiple instances of Geist?

Maybe some of my doubts are related to my little knowledge about the osc protocol... anyway, if this were doable...

monk_volcano

Postby monk_volcano » Thu Jan 24, 2013 5:02 pm

I requested this in another thread.. but I'm putting it here as well.

please make the names for host automation parameter names contain the pad and engine number.. it's very difficult when you have 5 sample start automations going on and they all have the same name.

thanks

a couple of other things:

mod matrix
envelope automation

jazdosanjh

Postby jazdosanjh » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:39 pm

can we press the up and down keys on keyboard to scroll through sounds?

peterdh

Postby peterdh » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:47 pm

Amp envelope decay automation and faster movement in the sample edit window; there is lots of latency when setting the sample start and end points.

korakios

Postby korakios » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:59 pm

-Make a full screen GUI (pressing F11 & forget working on a PC)

-No mouse, just EVERYTHING mapped to assignable midi CC and keyboard shortcuts.
Transmit midi CC for mapping and full integration to external controllers

-Sample (Resample) straight to a PAD (editing&naming can be applied later-no dialogs interrupt)

-iOS version! (like beatmaker 2)

-LOWER PRICE! .Most of Geist I get with freeware sampler like TX16Wx (with many more tricks)plus sequencing on my DAW. 189E is too much to ask for a more straight forwarding workflow...(there is also maschine micro with dedicated controler&better library).At least give a full Geist plus expanders blow off bundle!(I am aware of the hard work and suggesting these with much respect :) )

Whosdatswing84

Postby Whosdatswing84 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:19 pm

korakios wrote:-Make a full screen GUI (pressing F11 & forget working on a PC)

-No mouse, just EVERYTHING mapped to assignable midi CC and keyboard shortcuts.
Transmit midi CC for mapping and full integration to external controllers

man i would even pay for a major update with those features :twisted:

knobsmcgee

Postby knobsmcgee » Thu Mar 21, 2013 3:47 am

jazdosanjh wrote:can we press the up and down keys on keyboard to scroll through sounds?

yes.

korakios wrote:-Make a full screen GUI (pressing F11 & forget working on a PC)

+100 thousand trillion

korakios wrote:-LOWER PRICE! 189E is too much to ask for a more straight forwarding workflow...(there is also maschine micro with dedicated controler&better library).At least give a full Geist plus expanders blow off bundle!(I am aware of the hard work and suggesting these with much respect :) )

Mikro also costs twice as much.

korakios

Postby korakios » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:02 pm

knobsmcgee wrote:
korakios wrote:-LOWER PRICE! 189E is too much to ask for a more straight forwarding workflow...(there is also maschine micro with dedicated controler&better library).At least give a full Geist plus expanders blow off bundle!(I am aware of the hard work and suggesting these with much respect :) )

Mikro also costs twice as much.

It doesn't cost twice ,and has a hardware controller.If I add Geist+controller+some expansions micro is cheaper (but I prefer Geist instead!).E.g.:
100E software 1xcustomer=100E
50E software 4xcustomers=200E
30E software 10xcustomers=300E (sweet price point)
10E software 15xcustomers=150E
I hope you got the point...but I'm sure fxpansion has better marketing team :)

vinz_17

Postby vinz_17 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:58 pm

manual update with other languages translations!
guru's manual has translations, why not geist??

and off course full screen :D

emef

Postby emef » Sun Mar 24, 2013 10:29 am

i'd like to see automation handled better inside geist
tweak knobs while geist is recording, all tweaking is recorded

it would be great to have a bigger browser, i'm constantly moving the divider to see folders better
a button that toggles between the two views would be good

built in sidechain compressor would be nice, i can use sub outs so it's not really a problem though

PHY6

Postby PHY6 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:58 am

A sample end automation lane would be very useful when using reverse.
When a sample is too long, it would be nice to be able to adjust the sample end to get the desired reverse effect.

jazdosanjh

Postby jazdosanjh » Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:53 pm

when i press up and down on my keyboard i cant go up or down the sample list. am i doing something wrong?

Return to “Geist”