Feature Requests for Geist - Page 22 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests for Geist

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:48 pm

I would like to have an export option for all used engines (multibounce), without the need to assign each engine to an output. The workflow would be a lot better in standalone mode...

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:52 pm

emef wrote:i'd like to see automation handled better inside geist
tweak knobs while geist is recording, all tweaking is recorded

it would be great to have a bigger browser, i'm constantly moving the divider to see folders better
a button that toggles between the two views would be good

built in sidechain compressor would be nice, i can use sub outs so it's not really a problem though

Oh yes a buit in sidechain compressor would be awesome!

dimlemona

Postby dimlemona » Sun Nov 03, 2013 8:49 pm

It would be cool, if the select tool could adjust drag edits for multible hits, not only move things. Like select all things been played and pan them to right or pitch them all complete up. Would make things faster... Atm I have to do each by hand, when the melody is built with multible pads.

It also would be great to add Timestretch to drag edits, or some free slots to add what ever from geist...

Or maybe its even better to activate such a multi operation over pressing cmd for layers, alt for pads and so on. And then adjust one hit and everything's selected follows. Just like in Pad/Layers but this time also in the pattern window. I hope you understand what I mean...

tnevels

Postby tnevels » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:54 pm

I mainly bought Geist for the slicing ability and all the cool things you can do with sample layers.

I understand that its much more than this, but I would really like to play all the samples across all engines right off the bat, with out having to change my midi channel to 10.
When people are demoing geist for mainly the same reason I was, they are likely to think than its more trouble than its worth for just slicing and sample layering.
We should have to toggle the midi channel to play scenes or their should be a toggle in the preferences or the interface of the plugin itself.

Assigning pads to different notes or note ranges, and Pitchbend wheel automapping to the pad tune knob so people can do pitchbends on the fly while playing, seems like it should've been incorporated already as well. I mean drums are pitched like crazy these days.

Oh also, I dont want geist playing everytime I hit the space bar.

terrablue

Postby terrablue » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:53 am

A larger GUI and drag and drop directly from DAW to Pattern would be nice.

meyer-musicmedia

Postby meyer-musicmedia » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:33 pm

Geist decay modulation

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHz6BDBel_w&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

joeybanana

Postby joeybanana » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:56 pm

after struggling with the midi mapping for different engines i found out there is no fullscreen mode in the purchased version and no chopping start and end points? is this correct?

if this is true i can't believe I've bought this.

where is the problem to make a fullscreen mode just like the MPC Ren software has.

its absolutely annoying and eye damaging.

i don't care if this is plugin window format since i use it as standalone for quick ideas on my macbook.

i need massive googles to use it.

sry didn't meant to be rude. But Geist could smoke everything by a landslide if it had just some minor improvements like this.

mw247

Spectrum Analyzer

Postby mw247 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:08 am

Would love a spectrum analyzer in the FX slot.

jazdosanjh

Postby jazdosanjh » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 pm

being able to use 1/8t or 1/16t on the repeat graph if you are on 1/16

konfront

Postby konfront » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:49 pm

just bought geist today after a month of demo.

i really like it and have a few suggestions for ease of work:

1) a bigger GUI. so many features. why not make it easier to see
2) a better way to see where the cursor is on the timeline of SLICER. when i load 16 bar loops i tend to get lost in the time line.
3)solutions for people with magic mouse. very skewed and minor but the left/right button features are very useful.

konfront

Postby konfront » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Noticed something last night when ininstantiated geist as a plugin in logic9.

- in cycle mode on logic's timeline the follow function in Geist goes bonkers when playback stopped- it always goes to beginning of the sequence(in Geist- very frustrating)

My sequence began on logic's bar 98 and to make the sequence play on the part I need it to involves a lot of bar-beat calculation, selecting events, pasting, etc. there absolutely has to be a way to reconcile the timeline of host with geist's so we don't have to duplicate clumsily and zoom out till all we can see are tiny dots. Compound this with automation of effects within Geist and you'll have a good idea of how painful it is to work for more than two hours.
I haven't read all the pages of this thread but I echo the calls for a better relationship between host and geist. When in standalone geist rocks but doesn't play nice when hosted in a DAW.

edit: discovered song mode. Nix all above except for weird follow glitch on pattern mode.

You guys rock. I love the direction that my music takes when I open any fxpansion product.

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 am

save sample (e.g. "save current layer sample")

i've sampled some audio now i want to save it to a folder in my sample collection. no can do.

instead have to "save current pad" + samples, then use osx finder to clear up the mess.

mw247

Postby mw247 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:04 pm

iiuuii wrote:save sample (e.g. "save current layer sample")

i've sampled some audio now i want to save it to a folder in my sample collection. no can do.

instead have to "save current pad" + samples, then use osx finder to clear up the mess.

Works here for me. Just used it this week to chop a raw file of samples into hits then used the "save sample layer" option to save each individual layer. Hover over the "save sample layer" to select what layer you want to save.

What would be nice is if Geist could save all layers and pads as separate files in one swoop. Starting to use Geist as a wave editor because of its amazing hit point options.

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:31 pm

mw247 wrote: Works here for me.

agh, i just found it, right click contextual menu on pad grid. Why it isn't under either the dedicated "Save" menu, or the "Pad/Layers" option.. So many of the design decisions are counter-intuitive to me.
thanks for pointing it out.

seige313

Postby seige313 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 am

I have Geist Maschine 2.0 and The MPC Renaissance.. The Maschine is a great beat making tool but theres something about Geist that just .. just got me hooked. Im gonna make a list of some feature I would love to see Geist have hopefully they will be included.. in an update or Geist 2 if one is coming. With all the expanding technology you guys are great.. but theres a few things that can be improved.

Return to “Geist”