Feature Requests for Geist - Page 23 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Feature Requests for Geist

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

mw247

Spectrum Analyzer

Postby mw247 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:08 am

Would love a spectrum analyzer in the FX slot.

ARNK

Postby ARNK » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:33 am

* A reset option for graph automation data. ~!
* Swing/Groove for individual lanes

jazdosanjh

Postby jazdosanjh » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:38 pm

being able to use 1/8t or 1/16t on the repeat graph if you are on 1/16

konfront

Postby konfront » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:49 pm

just bought geist today after a month of demo.

i really like it and have a few suggestions for ease of work:

1) a bigger GUI. so many features. why not make it easier to see
2) a better way to see where the cursor is on the timeline of SLICER. when i load 16 bar loops i tend to get lost in the time line.
3)solutions for people with magic mouse. very skewed and minor but the left/right button features are very useful.

konfront

Postby konfront » Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:33 pm

Noticed something last night when ininstantiated geist as a plugin in logic9.

- in cycle mode on logic's timeline the follow function in Geist goes bonkers when playback stopped- it always goes to beginning of the sequence(in Geist- very frustrating)

My sequence began on logic's bar 98 and to make the sequence play on the part I need it to involves a lot of bar-beat calculation, selecting events, pasting, etc. there absolutely has to be a way to reconcile the timeline of host with geist's so we don't have to duplicate clumsily and zoom out till all we can see are tiny dots. Compound this with automation of effects within Geist and you'll have a good idea of how painful it is to work for more than two hours.
I haven't read all the pages of this thread but I echo the calls for a better relationship between host and geist. When in standalone geist rocks but doesn't play nice when hosted in a DAW.

edit: discovered song mode. Nix all above except for weird follow glitch on pattern mode.

You guys rock. I love the direction that my music takes when I open any fxpansion product.

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:32 am

save sample (e.g. "save current layer sample")

i've sampled some audio now i want to save it to a folder in my sample collection. no can do.

instead have to "save current pad" + samples, then use osx finder to clear up the mess.

mw247

Postby mw247 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:04 pm

iiuuii wrote:save sample (e.g. "save current layer sample")

i've sampled some audio now i want to save it to a folder in my sample collection. no can do.

instead have to "save current pad" + samples, then use osx finder to clear up the mess.

Works here for me. Just used it this week to chop a raw file of samples into hits then used the "save sample layer" option to save each individual layer. Hover over the "save sample layer" to select what layer you want to save.

What would be nice is if Geist could save all layers and pads as separate files in one swoop. Starting to use Geist as a wave editor because of its amazing hit point options.

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:31 pm

mw247 wrote: Works here for me.

agh, i just found it, right click contextual menu on pad grid. Why it isn't under either the dedicated "Save" menu, or the "Pad/Layers" option.. So many of the design decisions are counter-intuitive to me.
thanks for pointing it out.

seige313

Postby seige313 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:45 am

I have Geist Maschine 2.0 and The MPC Renaissance.. The Maschine is a great beat making tool but theres something about Geist that just .. just got me hooked. Im gonna make a list of some feature I would love to see Geist have hopefully they will be included.. in an update or Geist 2 if one is coming. With all the expanding technology you guys are great.. but theres a few things that can be improved.

konfront

Postby konfront » Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:16 am

i know some of these this were posted before but gotta give an extra push for the following improvements:

1) we need to be able to delete unwanted parts of the sample in slice mode.
2) more slots than Kick, Snare, HH, Perc. Maybe a user-definable organizer in classify mode?
3) processing for samples on the chopping board. if my sample is too weak, i might wanna normalize. if i fancy committing a delay to it i want it to be available; i might wanna reverse a sample and assign it to a separate pad so that i can save a few clicks and/or process it separately from the unreveresed sample.
4) play from cursor position would help too.
if any of these are already possible, please let me know. i find that every time i think of a request it's already there :lol:
5) in scene mode maybe icons on the snapshot buttons to indicate the start mode. it's quite useless to indicate the start mode of a given snapshot is when you're on it already- you wanna know/ and vary it before hand to create a more dynamic performance.

mw247

Postby mw247 » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:36 pm

seige313 wrote:I have Geist Maschine 2.0 and The MPC Renaissance.. The Maschine is a great beat making tool but theres something about Geist that just .. just got me hooked. Im gonna make a list of some feature I would love to see Geist have hopefully they will be included.. in an update or Geist 2 if one is coming. With all the expanding technology you guys are great.. but theres a few things that can be improved.

How is the time stretching in the MPC Renaissance?

vmiller

Postby vmiller » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:41 am

Request:

Crossfade function in pad looping mode - so we can make smooth sustained pads

This is the one omission that prevents Geist from being as functional and fast as my fingers on Akai OS

Thanks!

konfront

Postby konfront » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:49 am

vmiller wrote:Request:

Crossfade function in pad looping mode - so we can make smooth sustained pads

This is the one omission that prevents Geist from being as functional and fast as my fingers on Akai OS

Thanks!

This would be awesome.

vmiller

Postby vmiller » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:49 pm

Hi

I thought of a couple more:

1. ADSR amplitude envelopes in pad edit. For me these need simplifying. I find them difficult to draw and the release doesn't tail off so you can't run the end of one sample over to blend/loop. I can't figure the attack out at all. It's only an envelope, it shouldn't be difficult to use. Don't need fancy curve points, just the ASDR function working quickly.

2. On hardware samplers, the cut-off frequency etc change in real time, not just at the note on event. Everything feels more immediate to touch

vmiller

Postby vmiller » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:07 pm

if any this already available i should rtfm ... :roll:

Return to “Geist”