Convert Timing Questions - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Convert Timing Questions

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

dcspears

Convert Timing Questions

Postby dcspears » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:03 am

Not understanding the convert timing feature.

I have 16 step sequenced (simple kick on 1 and 3 and snare 2 and 4) pattern in 1/16 notes at 100 bpm.

What I want to do is add some triplet hi hats in at 1/8t.

If I convert timing to 1/8t, the whole pattern is slowed down (almost half time). Yet, I didn't check the box to apply to all patterns.

What is the best way to keep my tempo at 100bpm with simple kick snare and at the same time intro some triplet hats (maybe I should be adding in 1/16t hats instead of 1/8t).

I know there is some simple math involved with changing the number of steps. But a chart would be helpful

something like. to go from 1/16 notes to 1/8t. increase steps to 24. or to go from 1/16t to 1/8 decrease steps by 8.

Rory_FX

Re: Convert Timing Questions

Postby Rory_FX » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:58 pm

dcspears wrote:What is the best way to keep my tempo at 100bpm with simple kick snare and at the same time intro some triplet hats (maybe I should be adding in 1/16t hats instead of 1/8t).

If your current pattern is at 1/16 Step Length with 16 steps, you probably need to convert to 1/8T with 12 steps or 1/16T with 24 steps. Getting the correct amount of steps is crucial to keeping the current hits at the same place within the pattern (ie. simply converting the background grid without moving any hits or changing the speed of the played pattern).

It does take a little trial and error at the moment. No promises, but we'll have a look and see if we can make it any easier in future updates.

Return to “Geist”