Geist: A REAL Tragedy - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist: A REAL Tragedy

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, mullynofx, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

CALVIN01

Postby CALVIN01 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:48 pm

thanx drew :D

devasan

Postby devasan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:44 pm

CALVIN01 wrote:thanx for the reply pal.my problem with the adsr is that it seems to not do anything until you get it to a certain point and then within millimeters it drastically changes shape which is unbelevably hard to accurately layer sounds imo.there are shortcut keys that im learning but again i have to check if the effects are on layers,engine,global or all of them.i normally do layers on seperate pads so i've never used the pad layer function.maybe im missing out because of it.i'll give it a bash. :)

maybe fx can do a video of putting together a sonically good 4 bar layered loop?. :wink:

Oh yes... use the layers... and once you get a workflow established, you will not be looking around so much

and yeah, the adsr is crap... the one in Nerve works a hundred times better! But I am not worried... this is new software and FX will get the kinks worked out. Although I do have to say, the ADSR is like one of the most used functions! None of the beta testers complained about how finicky it is???

drrmmya

Postby drrmmya » Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:36 pm

I'm happy they made a new product. It's got 95% of what Guru was and had + a great new sequencer. I think's it still looks slightly unfinished though, some areas seem to be more polished than others.

I'm not sure if I'm down with all fx's attitudes but it's a good product no doubt. I personally think they should focus more on this line than their other lines, there is a large demand for small studio's and computer musicians for cutting edge beatbox plugin's. Especially with great sound quality and integrated/standalone features. NI Maschine seems intent on capturing the heart's of artist's by showcasing how intimate it can get with it's users and becoming on of the most intuitive and feature heavy beat mashine's around. Will FX playball? I don't think it need's to becuase it's already got a large following but it has been lacking in features over the last few years but Geist satisfying for now.

EATYone

Postby EATYone » Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:01 pm

Lover of MPC: i sold them all...Lover of Maschine, i sold it...Lover of Guru, i keep it, and i've bought Geist and i'm very happy with it, and i know that the team will upgrade it like it was with Guru...

One more times BIG UPPPPPP to all music appz Developpers, wich are really killing developpers wich prefer give us good tools for music than earning (a lot of)money in more conventionnal works!

Merci!

Guillaume

Return to “Geist”