Kit name after loading - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Kit name after loading

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

flonky

Kit name after loading

Postby flonky » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:53 am

Hello,
is there any area, where I can see the kit name, after beeing loaded into Geist? I can't find it...
Thanks,
Flo

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:01 pm

Currently no, but this is on the FR list!

three_eyed_otter

Postby three_eyed_otter » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:22 pm

A workaround that I've used is to name pattern 24 of each engine the name of the kit. It's not elegant, but it works.

have a good one
3Eo

jbrown3

Postby jbrown3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:16 pm

three_eyed_otter wrote:A workaround that I've used is to name pattern 24 of each engine the name of the kit. It's not elegant, but it works.

have a good one
3Eo

This doesn't help if you are loading a pre-existing bundle and need to know what the existing engine kit names are in the 1st place. Sort of chicken or the egg syndrome. Simply doing a Reveal-->Finder thing on the pads still doesn't solve this problem, because some (or alot) of people have handmade KITS that have pads that span mulitiple directories.

I REAAAAAALLLLLY hope this makes it into Geist somehow (finding the Kit Name) before Fxpansion starts adding next gen stuff. This stiffles creativity; stopping to go on a duck hunt mission to track down info.

robopuma

Postby robopuma » Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:58 am

I'd like to see this added too. This was an issue with Guru as well, it was actually worse in some ways because some of the samples were imbedded in the kits so the get info paths function would just lead you to the same kit file for all the pads.

I'm not sure how this would work if you loaded a kit and then loaded a hit onto one of the pads after that. Because all of the pads wouldn't be from that kit anymore. Something to consider how it would be implemented.

jbrown3

Postby jbrown3 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:55 pm

jbrown3 wrote:
three_eyed_otter wrote:A workaround that I've used is to name pattern 24 of each engine the name of the kit. It's not elegant, but it works.

have a good one
3Eo

This doesn't help if you are loading a pre-existing bundle and need to know what the existing engine kit names are in the 1st place. Sort of chicken or the egg syndrome. Simply doing a Reveal-->Finder thing on the pads still doesn't solve this problem, because some (or alot) of people have handmade KITS that have pads that span mulitiple directories.

I REAAAAAALLLLLY hope this makes it into Geist somehow (finding the Kit Name) before Fxpansion starts adding next gen stuff. This stiffles creativity; stopping to go on a duck hunt mission to track down info.

WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET THIS?!!!! I'VE PATIENTLY WAITED!!! DO YOU WANT ME TO WRITE A PERSONAL CHECK???!! cOMMON. i mEAN REALLY. i'M NOT ASKING MUCH.

splattimer

Postby splattimer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:05 am

I'd definitely find this very helpful.

jblongz

Postby jblongz » Sun May 06, 2012 4:43 pm

+1

quantize

Postby quantize » Sun May 06, 2012 11:05 pm

Yeh, lately I've found this more than a little frustrating, it's rather an enormous design flaw and surely

can't be too difficult to implement...can we have this like, this week please?
Cubase 9.5 • Pro Tools 12 • Reason 10.x
FXpansion : DCAM Synth Squad, Strobe 2, Geist, Geist 2, Etch & Bloom

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon (32GB Ram) OSX 10.12.6
UAD Apollo Quad • MOTU 828 mk2 & mk3 • TC Powercore Firewire (32Lives)

jblongz

Postby jblongz » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:27 pm

1+ Its very frustrating.

kidmeke

Postby kidmeke » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:54 am

+1000

Just bought the cross-grade to Geist from Guru yesterday and I'm completely flabbergasted that this issue exists.

I mean, we went throught this exact thing with Guru - people said it drove them crazy that the interface didn't show the kit name and it was finally fixed. Why would you release Geist with the exact same problem?

I just don't understand the thinking - it's like you feel adamant that it is totally unnecessary for a drum machine to indicate the current kit in use. I don't understand your workflow - how is it that n all the testing and use of the software nobody ever said "That groove sounds fanstastic - what kit is that?"?!

Imagine a synth that doesn't display the current preset - same thing.

This is important - please fix it.

Fxpansionsers, don't get me wrong - I love you guys! You make great products and I over the years every person I've interacted with from the company has been pretty awesome. But as somebody said above, it's a pretty glaring design flaw and one that really doesn't seem that onerous to fix

Thanks for listening.

jbrown3

Postby jbrown3 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:51 am

kidmeke wrote:+1000

Just bought the cross-grade to Geist from Guru yesterday and I'm completely flabbergasted that this issue exists.

I mean, we went throught this exact thing with Guru - people said it drove them crazy that the interface didn't show the kit name and it was finally fixed. Why would you release Geist with the exact same problem?

I just don't understand the thinking - it's like you feel adamant that it is totally unnecessary for a drum machine to indicate the current kit in use. I don't understand your workflow - how is it that n all the testing and use of the software nobody ever said "That groove sounds fanstastic - what kit is that?"?!

Fxpansionsers, don't get me wrong - I love you guys! You make great products and I over the years every person I've interacted with from the company has been pretty awesome. But as somebody said above, it's a pretty glaring design flaw and one that really doesn't seem that onerous to fix

Thanks for listening.

Let the choir say, "AMEN, AMEN AMENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!"

jbrown3

Re:

Postby jbrown3 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:04 am

kidmeke wrote:+1000

Thanks for listening.

Off from a distance, I peer through my binoculars and see a massive army marching towards our position. I can hear a faint drum cadence as they proceed to reach us. Also I hear a faint chant. But it's hard to make it out at first. As I close my eyes and try to focus my senses to my ear abilities, I begin to make out what they are saying..... "dis... displ.. display.. display ki... display kit.... display kit na... display kit names.. display kit nameS.. display kit namES... display kit naMES.. display kit nAMES.. display kit NAMES.. display kiT NAMES... display kIT NAMES... display KIT NAMES... displaY KIT NAMES... displAY KIT NAMES... dispLAY KIT NAMES.. disPLAY KIT NAMES... diSPLAY KIT NAMES.. dISPLAY KIT NAMES.... DISPLAY KIT NAMES!!!!!!!!" Boy this army means business. :lol: :lol: :roll: :lol: :lol: :roll: :wink:

Return to “Geist”