Midi won't play in logic from 6 different Engines? Please Help! - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Midi won't play in logic from 6 different Engines? Please Help!

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

jpos1116

Midi won't play in logic from 6 different Engines? Please Help!

Postby jpos1116 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 am

I have 4 different loops on 4 different engines, and 2 kits on 2 separate engines, all routed to its own sub output. Now when i try to drag the midi for each separate engine and put the pattern to a blank pattern....I cant her the midi that i dragged into logic....why? please help! or maybe Im doing something wrong, someone explain?

Drew_fx

Postby Drew_fx » Fri Feb 11, 2011 1:02 pm

Are your instrument tracks pointed at Geist using different midi channels for each? You should insert Geist as a multitimbral instrument, with channels 1-16 pointed at it.

dcspears

Postby dcspears » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:04 pm

I had the same issue in cubase. I resolved this by transposing the midi track (midi modifier) in cubase down 3 octaves.

At the normal (0 level) in Cubase the midi notes don't correspond to the default level in Geist.
But at -36 (3 octaves down) it's perfect.

Same issue with my controllers. I have to transpose those down 3 octaves in order to use it with Geist.

Is there a way to adjust this in Geist so that the corresponding pads/midi notes don't begin at such a low octave.

Return to “Geist”