Anyone Got "When Alien Drum Robots attack" by GoldBaby ?? - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Anyone Got "When Alien Drum Robots attack" by GoldBaby ??

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Peevy

Anyone Got "When Alien Drum Robots attack" by GoldBaby ??

Postby Peevy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:04 pm

I'm just wondering if anyone's using this expansion pack with Geist, & if so how well is it working??

Thanks

dcspears

Postby dcspears » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:26 pm

I've had this since it came out. I use this WARDA set more than any other.

It came with Guru kits, wavs, and rex files.

I'm not able to use the guru kits in Geist. It's incompatible at the moment.

Hopefully, the fx guys will create a conversion tool (maybe similar to the Sage Converter for Stylus RMX) that will convert pre 1.5 saved guru kits into a format that Geist can use.

The sounds are excellent. I just load the wavs or rex files into either Geist or Cubase.

Funkybot

Postby Funkybot » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:04 pm

dcspears wrote:I've had this since it came out. I use this WARDA set more than any other.

It came with Guru kits, wavs, and rex files.

I'm not able to use the guru kits in Geist. It's incompatible at the moment.

Hopefully, the fx guys will create a conversion tool (maybe similar to the Sage Converter for Stylus RMX) that will convert pre 1.5 saved guru kits into a format that Geist can use.

The sounds are excellent. I just load the wavs or rex files into either Geist or Cubase.

You can open the kits in Guru 1.5 or later and resave them. The resaved kits will load in Geist. Obviously it's not as good as having them load, or having a batch converter, but it works great if you're willing to invest the extra time.
Intel i7 950, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 12GB Kingston DDR 1600 RAM, ATI 5450 GPU, RME Fireface 800, UAD1, UAD2 Duo, Windows 7 64bit, Sonar X2 Producer, Reaper

Peevy

Postby Peevy » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:54 pm

Thanks for the input guys. I've listened to the demos & thought they sounded really good. Its a bit of a hassle if I have to first save the kits in Guru for them to work but the hassle might be worth it.

Gridden

Postby Gridden » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:30 pm

Funkybot wrote:You can open the kits in Guru 1.5 or later and resave them. The resaved kits will load in Geist. Obviously it's not as good as having them load, or having a batch converter, but it works great if you're willing to invest the extra time.

Heh, I've got hundreds and hundreds of kits from Goldbaby, Bit Oxide, Dirty Dose (not to mention all the ones I made from Stylus RMX, Nexus etc), as I imagine most users have.
I requested a batch convertor early on in the beta process - kinda suprised that FXpansion really think users are going to work through GURU kits one by one.

Return to “Geist”