fxpansion products problem with vst plugin paths in cubase - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

fxpansion products problem with vst plugin paths in cubase

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

giusmex

fxpansion products problem with vst plugin paths in cubase

Postby giusmex » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 am

hi guys

i have purchased cubase 6 updated from cubase 5 and i have a problem with the vst folders

where should i install the fxpansion products into?

into programfiles or into programs folders?

if i decide to install them into steinberg\cubase 6\ vst plugins cubase 6 does not load and fails to initialize when trying to load fxpansion products

could you tell me please where should i exactly install my fxpansion products? into which folder?
and some tip about if i can simply copy the dll files into cubase vst plugin folder while mantaining the main files into another folder?

i have windows 7

thanx

funkman

Postby funkman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:07 pm

hi,i have prob too,i have the dlls in c/programfilesx86/steinberg/vstplugins.When i started cubase 6 first time( ithink it happened in 5 updates as well) when scanning plugins it stops at amber or strobe(cant remember which).I just ended up goin to task manager and closing cubase and restarting,it skipped the offending plugs.When i click update anytime now in the plugin information it also stops at the dcam synth squad synths(amber i think).Again i just taskmanager and close cubase.
Bit of a pain,but thats wot i do.
Let me know if u resolve this.

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:45 pm

please FOR ALL ADMINISTRATORS OF FXPANSION FORUM please solve this problem or give us some suggestions.

i am a regular purchaser of fxpansion guru, geist and fxpansion synth squad

i cannot load your instrments into cubase

please tell us where the dll files or whatever should be located into our hard drives, into which folders because i cannot use them!!!

dcspears

try to run as administrator.

Postby dcspears » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:20 pm

I don't have this problem. I also have geist and cubase 5 and 6, 64bit.

I have my geist 64.dll installed into program files/Steinberg/Cubase 5/VST plugins

some common windows issues with vst plugins not initiliazing comes from the user account contral (UAC) in windows.

I've turned my UAC off and run everything as the administrator.

try this.
Right click on your cubase icon and try to run as administrator.

funkman

Postby funkman » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:15 pm

i run as admin but still have the prob.I can run the plugins in cubase ok,just when i click update(if i have added any new plugins) it stops at 1% amber.

giusmex

Postby giusmex » Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:20 pm

yes thaank you for the suggestion

i have found out that only Amber as dll does not become recognized by cubase 6 as plug in

i run " update on the pluginmanager tool of cubase but it crashes.. i havel also cut and copied amber.dll severl times but does not work!!!!

Return to “Geist”