Envelope Lock - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Envelope Lock

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

stoutlyric

Envelope Lock

Postby stoutlyric » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:17 pm

In the manaul and when you click on an envelope point it says you can lock that part of the envelope. I can't seem to get this to work?

I'm trying to get used to the new envelopes and like that they are full ADSR envelopes, but tweaking these is always taking me much longer than Guru. I tweak envelopes a lot so this frustrating.

i'm always having to resize the release and bring it back into the sample area. whenever I make a change the release moves outside the sample.

I feel that this an area that needs improving.

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: Envelope Lock

Postby Paul_fx » Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:53 pm

stoutlyric wrote:In the manaul and when you click on an envelope point it says you can lock that part of the envelope. I can't seem to get this to work?

Right click on the point...

stoutlyric

Postby stoutlyric » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:40 pm

I tried that, but when i right click i get a message that says lock hold vertical positioning, but then it does not stay locked.

In the manaul they show a little lock "X" icon, I have never gotten that.

I just want to be able to move where the release starts without it moving where the release ends.

Am I just missing something here? i'm running sonar 8.5

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:59 pm

The locks only work for the decay and sustain portions, and you're only able to lock the vertical positioning of these two points. The locks have no effect on the release time or the hold time. If you extend the hold time, then the release "start" time will get pushed ahead. Likewise if you extend the decay time, the hold "start" point will get pushed forward in time.

This seems to be natural to me?? :?

You aren't able to do what you want to do currently.

stoutlyric

Postby stoutlyric » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:32 pm

The decay and sustain locks don't seem to work. I don't get the "x" icon when I right click. And they don't stay locked vertically.

It seems weird to me that while adjusting any part of the envelope that you could push the envelope far outside of the samples length.

I find myslef continually making adjustments to bring the envelope back on top of the sample.

I really do like the new envelopes and being able to change the curves is great. It's just taking me longer now than it did in guru when adjusting for the reason stated above.

A solution would be to force the envlelope to be the length of the sample with a lock function. I think this woukd solve it.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Wed Sep 21, 2011 8:01 pm

I'm thinking the envelopes in One-Shot mode could be a bit friendlier to use.

They work well in Gated mode and I really like the way that for example, the sample end point and release stage placement both hold their position when you adjust either the attack or decay, their operation feels exactly right. However I use one-shot mode a lot more, and I still find myself constantly readjusting parameters after tweaking another, which slows me down a lot in that respect!

Is there any reason why the sample end point and the hold length are separate in one shot mode? It seems like they should be the same thing really, rather than having to adjust both!
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

banned from europe union

Postby banned from europe union » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:04 am

STANDART ADSR IS FUNNY
sorry. but CURRENTLY ADSR IS BULLSHIT

do you want to make music or paint

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:21 am

:?

You're getting more and more trolly as time goes on!

There was a time when Geist just had 2 sets of 4 knobs for the envelopes, and lots of people - myself included - said they wanted a more visual method, where the envelope is layered over the sound. FXPansion gave us that, and people were happy.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music

Circuit Bent Madness

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:31 am

mister thing wrote:STANDART ADSR IS FUNNY
sorry. but CURRENTLY ADSR IS BULLSHIT

do you want to make music or paint

Please try and co-ordinate your thoughts. If you continue to post on our forum in a trollish manner, I will ban you, and you'll be limited to email support only. Last warning.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:32 am

Kickflip wrote:Is there any reason why the sample end point and the hold length are separate in one shot mode? It seems like they should be the same thing really, rather than having to adjust both!

It's a fair point. Let me poke Paul and ask him to elucidate, as I can't quite remember. But there was definitely a reason for it, as we went over it a lot.

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:59 pm

Drew_fx wrote:
Kickflip wrote:Is there any reason why the sample end point and the hold length are separate in one shot mode? It seems like they should be the same thing really, rather than having to adjust both!

It's a fair point. Let me poke Paul and ask him to elucidate, as I can't quite remember. But there was definitely a reason for it, as we went over it a lot.

Cool, cheers!

I don't know, maybe it was something to do with the envelopes staying static while the sample can be pitched, so the end point would move, but the envelope would stay in the same place? But I also remember elsewhere on the forum people wanted the envelopes to be relative to the pitch of the sample - something I'd quite like as well, tbh! It'd be nice to be able to shape a sample, and then pitch it up and down without worrying about getting other parts of the sample poking through.

I have to admit, I only recently found out that the Gated mode envelopes work exactly as wanted, while I was compiling what to say about the One Shot mode being awkward :oops:

Also had another thought which I forgot to mention - if shift+click&drag would restrict envelope node movement to horizontal or vertical movement, that would make some envelope tweaks a fair bit smoother to make!

Music

Circuit Bent Madness

banned from europe union

Postby banned from europe union » Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:41 pm

Kickflip wrote::?

You're getting more and more trolly as time goes on!

which support

wollt ihr was verkaufen ?

oder macht ihr das nur für euch selbst .
dann ist das was anderes.
ich habe 200 euro bezahlt .
da wird es erlaubt sein dürfen, seine meinung zu sagen
und meine meinung ist ,dieser adsr ist mist
das fängt schon damit an.
das
ich jedesmal zoomen muss
dann den hold wegschieben muss
und dann minitiös die parameter grade schieben muss,ohne den volume zu ändern .

nicht umsonst haben generation von millionen knöpfe benutzt
da sieht mann gleich wo es lang geht
einfach kurz gedreht- fertig ist der sound .peng
der adsr sollte für musiker sein
nicht für maler die am bild herumspielen wollen .

so

wenn das ein grund sein soll, mich als troll zu beschimpfen ?
ist es trollig alle deutschen gross und mittel grossstädte zu zerstören ?
die baukunst der Renaissance, gothik ,barock eines landes zu zerstören und damit einem volk auf alle ewigkeit
identität und kunst zu nehmen.
hiervon werden sich millionen von generationen nicht erholen
deutschland hatt kein gesicht und keine geschichte
die gegenwart ist hohl und dumm.
durch fehlende visuelle entsprechung der ehemals filigranen städte bleibt unsere kunst und kultur auf niedrigem nivou

stellt euch vor ,die nazis hätten das bei euch abgezogen ,was euer king ahthur harris abgezogen hatt
ob ihr uns so freundlich behandelt ,wie wir euch hier
wir müssen in den aal glatten beton landschaften leben und wir sind keine nazis.

banned from europe union

Postby banned from europe union » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:45 pm

Kickflip wrote::?

There was a time when Geist just had 2 sets of 4 knobs for the envelopes, .

yeah
a good time

this currently adsr need seven steps
1.zooming
2.zooming some more
3.superposition ridding left
4.superposition ridding right
5.filigrany horizontal pushing
6.vertical balancing correctur
7.value correctur
the same procedure everytime .
by each loadet sample

but conventionell knobs are need one step
1 value correctur

now.
We ask spontaneous musicians
which is better for making music ?
hm

So what's the troll?

principle:
I paid 200 €
I can say what I think what is better for me and many other people
nothing else as you to doing here
thank you

Bathrobe

Postby Bathrobe » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:25 am

mister thing wrote:wenn das ein grund sein soll, mich als troll zu beschimpfen ?
ist es trollig alle deutschen gross und mittel grossstädte zu zerstören ?
die baukunst der Renaissance, gothik ,barock eines landes zu zerstören und damit einem volk auf alle ewigkeit
identität und kunst zu nehmen.
hiervon werden sich millionen von generationen nicht erholen
deutschland hatt kein gesicht und keine geschichte
die gegenwart ist hohl und dumm.
durch fehlende visuelle entsprechung der ehemals filigranen städte bleibt unsere kunst und kultur auf niedrigem nivou

stellt euch vor ,die nazis hätten das bei euch abgezogen ,was euer king ahthur harris abgezogen hatt
ob ihr uns so freundlich behandelt ,wie wir euch hier
wir müssen in den aal glatten beton landschaften leben und wir sind keine nazis.

Der Begriff Troll wird in der Netzkultur für eine Person verwendet, die mit ihren Beiträgen in Diskussionen oder Foren unter Umständen stark provoziert. Mutmaßliches Ziel des Trolls ist das Stören der ursprünglich an einem Sachthema orientierten Kommunikation und das Erlangen von Aufmerksamkeit.

banned from europe union

Postby banned from europe union » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:33 am

das ist in etwas so als würde ich sagen :
du bist gewaltätig ..

danach haue ich dir eine rein
und wenn du dich wehrst sage ich : siehst du.

wer einen adsr schlecht findert ,den er bezahlt hatt.
und deswegen ein troll sein soll ,fragt sich naturgemäss,
ob der rest nicht was an der birne hatt.

ich poste hier um bestimmte mängel der softwarte verändern zu lassen

mein schlechten english kenntnisse und dessen reaktionen
habe ich sowieso in kenntniss menschlicher idiotie und überheblichkeit vorrauskalkuliert

Return to “Geist”