Envelope Lock - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Envelope Lock

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Sun Aug 04, 2013 9:21 pm

Drew_fx wrote:The locks only work for the decay and sustain portions, and you're only able to lock the vertical positioning of these two points. The locks have no effect on the release time or the hold time. If you extend the hold time, then the release "start" time will get pushed ahead. Likewise if you extend the decay time, the hold "start" point will get pushed forward in time.

This seems to be natural to me?? :?

You aren't able to do what you want to do currently.

The natural thing is for the user to have set an envelope shape, and for it to be maintained while auditioning samples. Ie, for the hold time to be locked.

For instance, and this is basic level drum design, I have a good main sample for the pad but I need to design a different attack portion. So I create a new layer with 0 attack, 0.2ms hold, 0.02ms release. Im now going to use this to browse my sample library to find a samples with the right attack transient to layer on top of my main drum sample.

Except, this isn't possible with Geist, because it throws away the hold time I set every time I click a new sample. What's natural about this.

Also, I'm wholly in agreement with mister thing re the visual envelope, regardless of his discussion tone. And it's saddening to see that it was a user-initiated feature. It's turned what is usually a two/three click process into a painting exercise.

iiuuii

Postby iiuuii » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:46 pm

re: old vs new envelope modes, why not simply have a toggle mode between 'normal' 4 ADSR knobs/faders, and graphic ADSR nodes with curves?

Return to “Geist”