Newbee on Geist and software... Need help. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Newbee on Geist and software... Need help.

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

Yuroz

Newbee on Geist and software... Need help.

Postby Yuroz » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:52 pm

Hello, i'm french, sorry if you don't understand me..

I was on mpc to make beat, now i buy Geist and i like it! (A MPC with good fx and faster!)

I use FL Studio or Reaper in host (in futur i'll just use Reaper i think), i want to sequence my drums and samples in Geist, and use Reaper for vsti and for mixing. Can i mix my Geist Engine in midi into Reaper ? (or FL Studio?) Or i must export my Geist's sequences in audio?
I try to use the drag and drop engine into Reaper but i dont understand it, and it's not working...

Can you explain me? May be a tutorial?

When i was on mpc, i just rec my tracks in audio, i'm lost with midi lol

Thanks

(and sorry for my bad english.. =/ )

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:12 am

You need to make a midi track per engine. So make 8 midi tracks, point them all at Geist. Then set midi track one to midi channel 1, midi track two to midi channel 2, and so on and so forth.

Then when you drag and drop patterns from Geist, drop them on the track that is pointed at the engine you wish to control.

Oh and you'll also need to disable pattern power in Geist for the engines that you're controlling outside of Geist.

Another way to do it is to just trigger pattern changes instead of actually triggering the pads from midi. There is a midi implementation chart in the manual.

f.friction

Getting spitter into Reaper

Postby f.friction » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:42 am

How do get spitter to work in Reaper?
Does it show up as a vst ?
if so I do not see it in my Vst list.

Return to “Geist”