help why is not ,going the release-value in gates mode - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

help why is not ,going the release-value in gates mode

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, mullynofx, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

banned from europe union

help why is not ,going the release-value in gates mode

Postby banned from europe union » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:51 am

i don t understand this
i am use bass ,lead and pad samples
i need a real release parameter

all my samples with different notelenghs producing crack noise on the end
this is very important for me
i make music with different notelenghs
the support says:thats not right
but i can not see it

banned from europe union

Postby banned from europe union » Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:32 pm

ok. i have check this thing
realy:
this envelope, is not a real envelope
this is only an envelope for pitch and cutoff and drive.
but the parameter, can changing his values from itself

this is a same doupleaction
the free envelope is the same as the amp-envelope
three workarrounds for the same result
thats the horroriblest adsr(fake wave editor or limited lfo) where i have never become to see
oh my goodin

and what is the envelope track function :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll:

please make an normal musicali effecktive adsr:

attack is attack reducing and delay
decay is for cutted sounds and other sustain variation
sustain is for sustaining sounds
release is releasing sound
the release must going for all ads values

this current adsr in one shot is not available
because the samples are playing the full-lengh (only attack is going)
the releas phase is useless
only short note can be played relead
but this is an douple action

in gates modes mode ,you cannot use release.
thats are failed

this is not musicaly funktion
hearing
all instruments have normal adsr parameter
gitarres ,violins ,syntsizers
flute saxes,basses , natur instruments etc
only drums have short sounds

make an real lfo and adsr and filter envelope
musical instruments for musicans
not for only experimentel picassos
this is an experimentel overfull useless function wave editor orgy
this is for komplicated experimentiell soundworkers
after your day , you can say do yourself : i have all days going working adsr
please please please

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:17 am

Wouldn't normally appeal to others like this, but does anyone have a single clue as to what Mister Thing is going on about??? :?

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:05 am

I dunno....but I like the sound of "wave editor orgy". Feature request, please.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:33 pm

vespesian wrote:I dunno....but I like the sound of "wave editor orgy". Feature request, please.

Our wave editors have said it is highly likely - given the correct ratio of Pro Tools and whiskey.

banned from europe union

Postby banned from europe union » Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:51 pm

you dont have charakter.guys

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Lighten up, 'k?

Try using the different choke modes....they're a lot simpler to use to control sample end points than envelopes. Which is what I think you're after....

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:34 pm

Well, that was quite a roundabout post from mister thing :lol:

Although I have to say I do understand mister thing's frustrations here, as I tend to have a bit of trouble using the envelopes too. Now, I'm not going to go on the offensive like his posts, I think everyone at FXPansion is doing a great job, but hopefully here I can provide some good feedback on how the envelopes could be made a bit more user friendly.

Picasso references aside, I really like having the graphical envelopes - it helps get an envelope in the right ballpark before honing it with your ears. And we know how many users requested them from Guru when Geist was first released without them! (Well, we don't know the exact figure, but it's in the ballpark of "loads")

But I find I constantly have to readjust envelopes after I've made one tweak. I use One Shot mode, and it would be much quicker to use if moving the Attack didn't also move the point where the Release stage begins. Also it's really hard to move the Envelope Hold and Envelope Decay handles without changing the Sustain level, which also leads to needing to make a corrective gesture.

Gated mode feels slightly better in that it leaves the Release stage where it is (although in practice it depends on the time before a note off is received), but there are currently timing inconsistencies with gated hits and large buffer sizes.

Now, I guess some of these quibbles are to do with One Shot mode having a static Hold time when adjusting envelope settings, if the Hold time was automatically adjusted to compensate for changes made to Attack and Decay, it would be *much* easier to work with overall. Also if the Sustain level would lock in place when adjusting Envelope Decay and Hold Length, that would cut out having to readjust Sustain so often. Automatically adjusting Decay when changing the Attack parameter may or may not be handy, I can't visualise it in practice at the moment.

A couple of feature requests as well - I'd quite like to be able to disable the envelope, so we can play back a sample in full, without needing to reset the envelope to hear it, then click Undo a few times to get it back to how it was. This would also be handy for A/B testing at times. In fact, a straight up "Layer Preview" button seems to be missing - I'm always having to mute/solo different layers to hear what's going on in more complex hits!

Also if there was a way to select a sample start anchor point as well, like in Logic's audio regions, you could perfectly line up hits that have a little fade in on the sample. I'm sure it would be possible to tie this in with negative Swing values in some way!

Hmmm, just had another idea while thinking about the sample end point.
An 'Extend Sample' feature a bit like Recycle's approach to extending drum slices would be pretty handy.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music
http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness
http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Kickflip

Postby Kickflip » Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:52 pm

mister thing - the Gate mode Release *does* work. But you need to set the Sample End point much later in the sample. It needs to be set to the point where you definitely don't want any more sound, ever. Basically, the longest possible time that the sample might play for.

Then, while triggering the sample, the Release stage will work as expected. Think of it like this: the Release stage can be triggered at any point within the Sample Start and Sample End points by letting go of the pad, but no matter what, the Sample End point will cut the sound out. If this did not happen, it would cause undesirable noises when playing hits from sliced loops.

Also note that the waveform autozoom hides the Release stage of the envelope.
Hackintosh Q6600 : 4Gb DDR2 : OSX Leopard 10.5.8 : Logic 9.1.5 : Mackie Onyx Satellite : UAD1 x 2 : Akai MPD32

Music

http://www.soundcloud.com/kickflip

Circuit Bent Madness

http://www.bogus-noise.co.uk

Return to “Geist”