Tremor - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Tremor

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, mullynofx, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:52 am

Geist and DCAM owners will be able to buy Tremor for $99 (so, 33% off) for the first month, until Feb 9. I'll check on the Guru situation...
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

narz3000

Postby narz3000 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:55 am

SKoT_FX wrote:Geist and DCAM owners will be able to buy Tremor for $99 (so, 33% off) for the first month, until Feb 9. I'll check on the Guru situation...

Very, very, very, very, very cool! I'm trying to convince my wife just how essential it is to my career, as we speak. Wish me luck!

guruTosh

Postby guruTosh » Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:49 pm

SKoT_FX wrote:Geist and DCAM owners will be able to buy Tremor for $99 (so, 33% off) for the first month, until Feb 9. I'll check on the Guru situation...

That's a shame. I don't think I will have the money. I guess I will have to wait until next xmas to be able to afford it.
I was going to buy it as well.

Very disappointed....

peejosity

Postby peejosity » Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 pm

Hands up if you wouldn't have bought Geist if you knew Tremor was coming out?

*Hands up*

vespesian

Postby vespesian » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:17 am

peejosity wrote:Hands up if you wouldn't have bought Geist if you knew Tremor was coming out?

*Hands up*

Actually...Tremor's kinda different...the kick-producing abilities are worth the price alone. Try it with Geist - your ultimate beat array.

philait

Postby philait » Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:50 am

peejosity wrote:Hands up if you wouldn't have bought Geist if you knew Tremor was coming out?

*Hands up*

*Hands Down*
There's plenty of space for Sample based and Synthesis based Drum machines in my life.

no.land

Postby no.land » Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:49 pm

*hands down*

i would have loved a tremor plugin for geist.
For The Heads!

dergeistliche

Postby dergeistliche » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:45 am

i´m not a friend of this synth-drums. but i like the optic and its simple, clear, fast gui and ergonomic-concept.

that should be adapted.

i would love a clear and simplify, but also ergonomic-advanced geist. a hybrid of geist and tremor, a treist.
have the tremor gui in mind to understand what i´m in the following saying:

i dont need this pseudo host features, so i wish only one engine, no song/scene-modus, etc.
i dont need this mpc-stuff.

from tremor:

in the down area we have 4 views: Master, Sends, Kit and Pad.

take the most of the tremor gui: replace the space-wasting pad-matrix with a functionally view of pad-mixer, similar the kit view in tremor.

i can further trigger the "pads" by click into a dedicated area beside the mute/solo. the advanced functions like repeat, erase... should be selectabel evreywhere where in tremor the post-mix-chanel is.

well, there should be 16 instead 8 "channels, so maybe u have to minimize the level-meter and we could place two slots under each other, for example its not necsarry to label level and pan and output und preset, is it? and the preset/sample prev/next and selector arrows could be directly beside the slot-label.

but under all circumstances hold this "preset" prev/next button on the seperat chanels!!!!! (well with multi-layers i have to set the fokuss which sample is ascociated with this prev/next (and automatically open in browser) (per default #1).
that really speeden up.

from this kit-mixer-view i come (analog to synth-view in tremor) to a dedicated pad view. there is now enough space to combine the pad/layer and pad-mixer into one view.

the sends view is similar to the kit view, except that the macros replaced with the sends and the fx-sections shows the send-fx. evrywhere should be a selector for the aux.

and finaly the global mixer replace the track-slots with the send-slots and on the right side we could see all 6 send fx at once or all 6 master fx.

----------------

the upper area should be divided into browser, mapping and pattern A,B and full. and a view for all this manage and option-stuff which i have forget;) eg. here i can adjuts what happens by track-next/prev, sample (which one) or pad, with or without replace of fx, and so on).

browser and mapping is selfexplainend. and pattern A means chanels 1-8, B = 9-16 and full is a uses the complet area, overplacing the kit/and other views below.
hold all this advancend seqeuncer-features from geist, like the graphs, multitool, insert-lines.....
btw: give us the abaility to make our own inserts which also include shift, velocity... parameters and to label them.
( an other shortcut than simultan left/right-click to round-robin the lines would be nice (the MM is unable to do this:(

put the option to creat shortcuts and to save and load routings on the top, give them a fair upgrade price and that think would be the groovebox i allways wished to own.

sandblast

Postby sandblast » Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:49 am

" In the down area we have 4 views Master, Sends, Kit & Pad."
You're describing a machine in your post that would look remarkably like Guru.
The more i'm trying Tremor, the more i'm liking it. And the big feature for me is the Graph Edit function.
Understanding the Graph Edit functions & Tremor becomes much, much more than a drum synth.

I know the Fxpansion guys don't give anything away about what is next, but surely you guys are working on a DAW with an
Fxpansion twist. Imagine something like a Fusor, but it can host instances of Tremor, Geist & D Cam. But with added routing
possibilities between the devices & full audio inputs. Bound to happen & i can't wait.

Return to “Geist”