Akai MPK Mini and Geist. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Akai MPK Mini and Geist.

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

shugmonkey

Akai MPK Mini and Geist.

Postby shugmonkey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:06 pm

Hi Guys,

I recently purchased Geist and would like to use it as stand alone now and then.

I have an akai MPK mini and have it as my main controller set-up in Geist's prefs.

The problem is it seems to be only active on the first channel. Doesn't work on the others.

Does anyone know how to get Geist and the Mini to work together correctly?

Thanks for your time.

BuleriaChk

Re: Akai MPK Mini and Geist.

Postby BuleriaChk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:44 pm

You can probably do it through the "Program" button by setting the programs to different MIDI channels in the Editor (Maybe)
But the padKontrol works much better with Geist (you can set eqch scene to a MIDI channel, and use all 16 pads....)

shugmonkey wrote:Hi Guys,

I recently purchased Geist and would like to use it as stand alone now and then.

I have an akai MPK mini and have it as my main controller set-up in Geist's prefs.

The problem is it seems to be only active on the first channel. Doesn't work on the others.

Does anyone know how to get Geist and the Mini to work together correctly?

Thanks for your time.

rluk

Postby rluk » Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm

mpkmini comes with an editor, you can set the mini channels there. Then with program change and program keys (far left on keyboard) you can recall 4 different programs (sets, scenes whatever to call them :)

Though I love padkontrol aswell, mpkmini is a nice small controller, you can even program pads to send cc-s.

shugmonkey

Postby shugmonkey » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:34 pm

Thanks Guys :)

kolargol1975

Postby kolargol1975 » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:08 am

Hi all and Happy new year to everybody :)

I bought few days ago Geist which is awesome but cannot map the different pads on it :(

Is there a person who should explain to me step by step how to map my MPK Mini with GEIST?

i tried lot of lot of things and nothing is ok ...

thx

Return to “Geist”