Geist 1.1.1.8 will not start unless I disable SCOPE ASIO device - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist 1.1.1.8 will not start unless I disable SCOPE ASIO device

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

malcolmbarr

Geist 1.1.1.8 will not start unless I disable SCOPE ASIO device

Postby malcolmbarr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Hi there

New install of Geist 1.1.8 public beta on a windows 7 32 bit OS. PC has several older audio cards (EMU 1212m, EWS 88MT, Sonic Core Scope) installed.

Geist (stand-alone) hangs on the start up splash screen when I start it up. The only way I can get past that is if I go into regedit, and under HKEY_LOCAL MACHINE_SOFTWARE_ASIO change the CLSID key for my "ASIO SCOPE" device, entering AAA at the start of the key so the device is disabled. If I do that, Geist starts fine, but you cannot see the ASIO driver for the Scope card in the audio preferences dialogue.

My other audio software (FL studio, abobe audition, Reason) is working with the ASIO driver for Sonic Core (used to be Creamware) cards without any problems - there is clearly some issue with how Geist relates to the ASIO SCOPE driver when the program starts.

I am using version 5.0 of the Scope software as described here:
http://sonic-core.net/joomla.soniccore/ ... 21&lang=us

Any advice much appreciated - I would really like to get Geist and my Sonic Core cards working together.

malcolmbarr

My bad (sort of...)

Postby malcolmbarr » Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:06 pm

I stated in the above that Reason was working with the ASIO scope drivers. I hadn't realised I had disabled the scope driver, and on further testing, it turns out that isn't true. Reason 7, like Geist, hangs at start up when the ASIO Scope driver is enabled. However, I stumbled on a workaround that Propellerhead provided for an earlier version of Reason at the forum post:

http://www.xited.org/viewtopic.php?f=32 ... e2430a207f

The workaround has worked for Reason 7, which now starts up fine and will happily use the Asio Scope device.

Is there any chance that Fxpansion could provide a similar workaround?

I have also contacted Sonic Core to ask whether they agree there is a bug in their asio driver, by the way.

Return to “Geist”