Problems with Akai MPD32 mappings in FL Studio - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Problems with Akai MPD32 mappings in FL Studio

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

brainworm

Problems with Akai MPD32 mappings in FL Studio

Postby brainworm » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:03 am

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with the Akai MPD32 mappings in FL Studio. I downloaded the mappings from this forum and in standalone, everything works fine, but in FL Studio, the only thing that seems to work are the pads for engine 1. If anyone knows a solution for this, I would be very thankfull!

Greetings,
Jonas

PS: sorry for my bad english

frankz00

Re: Problems with Akai MPD32 mappings in FL Studio

Postby frankz00 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:04 am

I'm actually about to make a video about this because I needed the exact same thing. The key is setting the notes on channel 10. I use two presets.

First Preset: Channel 10A
Bank A: Notes 0-15
Bank B: Notes 16-31
Bank C: Notes 32-47
Bank D: Notes 48-63

Second Preset: Channel 10A
Bank A: Notes 64-79
Bank B: Notes 80-95
Bank C: Notes 96-111
Bank D: Notes 112-127

Now I use Reaper as a DAW but this should still apply to your setup. The one thing I don't like is that Geist doesn't automatically switch to the engine you hit the note on. There doesn't seem to be a way to be able to do this but I wish there was.

I hope this helps...

brainworm wrote:I have a problem with the Akai MPD32 mappings in FL Studio. I downloaded the mappings from this forum and in standalone, everything works fine, but in FL Studio, the only thing that seems to work are the pads for engine 1. If anyone knows a solution for this, I would be very thankfull!

Greetings,
Jonas

PS: sorry for my bad english

malcolmbarr

Postby malcolmbarr » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:13 am

Brainworm

I encountered the same issue.

FL studio automatically puts all incoming midi info on channel 1 unless you take steps to prevent it doing so. This is why you can only hear engine 1 in Geist.

To get around this , you need to make sure the Geist plug in is set to use a specific midi input port number which you have allocated to your mpd controller.

In FL studio midi set up, you need to click on the MPD midi input and then allocate it an input port number. You then need to click the menu in the top left of the Geist plug in window (the settings for the FL vst wrapper) and set the input port to the number you have given to your mpd.

Having done that, you should hopefully find that your midi now gets to the Geist plug in on the right channels, so you can control all engines.

No idea why FL behaves like this, it's a pain.

Return to “Geist”