Geist and MPC Element Controller - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Geist and MPC Element Controller

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Moderators

mw247

Geist and MPC Element Controller

Postby mw247 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:49 pm

Anyone using a MPC Element controller with Geist? Do you know if it is possible to assign the pad notes on the MPC Element to match Geist?

schmidi

Postby schmidi » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:57 am

Looks like that is going to ba a 50/50 gamble. There is no editor on Akai's site like there is for the LPD/MPD series of controllers. I would say that if you are running them both within a DAW, your odds of being able to map things out are good, but in stand alone Geist your odds are bad.

That and if controllers like the APC40 are any indicator, Akai likes to make many of their extra function buttons NON midi mappable without user scripts.

misterlazy

Postby misterlazy » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:41 pm

Hi mw 247,

I use Logic and Geist for my drums and sometimes sampling. I've just figured it out...I open MPC Essentials in standalone and select the midi mode. I keep it opened, and it controls my Geist Track in Logic. It just work for the pads, not the transport buttons.

Hope it could help ! Geist is way better than essentials...but mpc element is a nice piece.

mw247

Postby mw247 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:27 pm

misterlazy wrote:Hi mw 247,

I use Logic and Geist for my drums and sometimes sampling. I've just figured it out...I open MPC Essentials in standalone and select the midi mode. I keep it opened, and it controls my Geist Track in Logic. It just work for the pads, not the transport buttons.

Hope it could help ! Geist is way better than essentials...but mpc element is a nice piece.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. I was considering the MPC Element just to use as a controller but went with the Nanopad2 instead because you can program the pads to whatever notes/chords you want.

Maybe check out something like Midi Yoke to change midi note values that are sent instead of having to launch the MPC Elements software.

misterlazy

Postby misterlazy » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:57 am

Thanks for the tip man. But I'm on mac...there a midi set up utility so i will check it out too.

Return to “Geist”