Don't update your entire system, that's unnecessary and bound to cause you other problems.
- manually delete the Geist.component file from /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components
- manually delete /Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
- reinstall Geist 184.108.40.206
- start Logic
- check that Geist passes AUVal and loads ok in an empty song
- try loading your older song
Hi Rory, followed the steps but Logic Still crashed trying to validate Geist. I've done quite a bit working with Drew, not sure what is left to try.
I think it does have something to do with me unplugging that USB hard drive cable from the back, but I don't know why Geist took the hit and not Logic itself, maybe related to the AU cache file I just deleted.
Where it stands now is Geist will only open standalone when I select "Open in 32-bit mode". Once I uncheck that, crashes standalone.