How to route Geist in Reaper? I want Pad 1 to go to track 1, Pad 2 to track 2, etc. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

How to route Geist in Reaper? I want Pad 1 to go to track 1, Pad 2 to track 2, etc.

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

Niedec

How to route Geist in Reaper? I want Pad 1 to go to track 1, Pad 2 to track 2, etc.

Postby Niedec » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:51 am

So I want to have all my pads go to separate tracks in Reaper, so I can EQ/compress each one with external plugins.

I saw in another thread (about Logic routing) that I can go to the Layers/Pads tab in Geist, and select sub-outputs. Problem is, I don't know what each sub-output corresponds to (channels?) and I don't know how to hook those outputs up with Reaper.

Any help would be much appreciated. I've been having this problem for quite a while.

Niedec

Postby Niedec » Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:48 am

Never mind. Just figured it out. You have to start by clicking "Insert" in Reaper, then select "Virtual Instrument on new track." After that, you select Geist from the FX window, and this dialog box pops up:

Code: Select all

Do you want to add the following tracks for this effect?

If not, only the stereo 1/2 outputs will be audible without further routing.

Stereo 1/2->New track 2 "Master"

Stereo 3/4->New track 3 "Sub output 1"

Stereo 5/6->New track 4 "Sub output 2"

Stereo 7/8->New track 5 "Sub output 3"

... [+ 8 tracks] ...

Stereo 25/26->New track 14 "Sub output 12"

Stereo 27/28->New track 15 "Sub output 13"

Stereo 29/30->New track 16 "Sub output 14"

Stereo 31/32->New track 17 "Sub output 15"

Click Yes.

By default, all pads will be routed to the track labeled "Master." If you open the "Pad/Layers" tab in Geist, and click on a pad (say Pad 2), you can then select a sub-output from the output drop-down menu. So if you pick "Sub output 3" for Pad 2, the sound will go to the Reaper track labeled "Sub Output 3."

Hope this helps someone else out.

Return to “Geist”