Discard unused slices. - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Discard unused slices.

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

CakeAlexS

Discard unused slices.

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:08 pm

Hi

What's the most efficient way of discarding a sample just keeping the unused slices so I can save memory.
Let's say I have one sample sliced into 6 pads, and half the sample I'm not using for anything.

Thanks...

CakeAlexS

What are Geist's default cc values?

Postby CakeAlexS » Fri Oct 23, 2015 6:10 pm

Hello I've worked out how to do MIDI learn from the mapping panel within Geist.
Please note I'm also using a Maschine studio template which I downloaded from this site.
Anyway this method works.

So now...

Rather than do it at the Geist end, I now want to do it at the Maschine studio end (with it's template)...
So I need to assign Geists default cc values to the Maschine template.
Where/how do I find out these values so I can map the Maschine template?

Thanks...

(ps Now finished the manual, so looking like I won't be posting so many threads, thanks for responses so far).

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Re: Discard unused slices.

Postby Paul_fx » Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:06 am

CakeAlexS wrote:Hi

What's the most efficient way of discarding a sample just keeping the unused slices so I can save memory.
Let's say I have one sample sliced into 6 pads, and half the sample I'm not using for anything.

Thanks...

If you load a sample to 6 pads, its still only in memory once. There isn't a way of removing part of a sample from memory

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:14 pm

Thanks. Example here..

I Ioad a huge sample and slice a tiny fraction of it.
I still have the huge sample in memory?
Enhancement request here maybe?

Thanks...

Paul_fx
Righteous Drum Lord

Postby Paul_fx » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:28 am

CakeAlexS wrote:Thanks. Example here..

I Ioad a huge sample and slice a tiny fraction of it.
I still have the huge sample in memory?
Enhancement request here maybe?

Thanks...

Unless its a truly crazy sample, you are only taking about a few mb per sample, its unlikely you will see any major improvements by removing the unused data. However, you would loose the ability to move any end markers beyond the position you originally placed them, because that audio data would no longer exists in memory.

CakeAlexS

Postby CakeAlexS » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Paul_fx wrote:However, you would loose the ability to move any end markers beyond the position you originally placed them, because that audio data would no longer exists in memory.

Exactly what I want, wanting to export this to give to somebody else a don't want them to muck around with it. Also when I'm done with it, this would be like signing off.. For instance I might be chopping an entire song...Cheers..

Return to “Geist”