Guru Swing Templates - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Guru Swing Templates

Support for Geist

Moderators: Drew_fx, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Moderators

spookymulder

Guru Swing Templates

Postby spookymulder » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:53 pm

Hey, I used to use Guru forever ago, lost everything when my hard drive crashed. I bought Geist a little while ago and am finding there's only like, 4 swing / groove templates that come default. Does anyone have the old Guru swing templates they'd be willing to share? I can't find them anywhere! I think you used to be able to download them from the site.

Tomas3916

Re: Guru Swing Templates

Postby Tomas3916 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:07 am

Hi everyone, looking for the same here! Having just purchased Geist 2 it has been dissapointing for me to find out that most all swing templates from the original Guru and Geist 1 samplers have now been completely omitted in the current Geist 2 version and I am missing those grooves terribly as they are indispensable for my productions. If any of you Guru/Geist 1 owners would be willing to share those swing templates (preferably in the original format or as general MIDI files so that they can be imported directly into Geist 2 without further conversion) we would be most grateful to you! Thanks a lot to anyone for their help. Best regards Tomas

Tomas3916

Re: Guru Swing Templates

Postby Tomas3916 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:34 am

Hurray! For all of you who like me have been searching for the original GURU/GEIST1 swing groove templates that are sadly missing in the Geist 2, you can find them in the link below:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=7575156&start=15

You will not be able to import them directly from the swing template menu of an open Geist 2 instance but instead go to "Library - Application Support - FXpansion - Geist 2 - System" (I am on Mac) and simply drag and drop the files into the "Swing Templates" folder there. They will then appear on the list of available swings in Geist 2 (under the "Swing" knob menu). And they are great!

Hope this helps.

Tomas

Return to “Geist”