Mouse continues to change the values of a knob even after releasing the mouse button... - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Mouse continues to change the values of a knob even after releasing the mouse button...

Support forum for Tremor

Moderators: Drew_BFDTeam, clare_fx, SKoT_FX, Steve_FX, Mully_FX, mayur_FX, Angus_FX, Andreas_FX, Rory_FX, Rhi_FX, Paul_fx, Moderators

SvK

Mouse continues to change the values of a knob even after releasing the mouse button...

Postby SvK » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:20 am

Hi all,

Im enjoying Tremor immensely but have one annoying issue.

When I change the value of a knob or slider, very often once i've selected a value ( by dragging while button of mouse is pressed) , it will keep changing AFTER I've released the mouse button and am simply hovering and moving the mouse around the GUI.......worse still, it often will change the values of OTHER knobs I happen to slide over........

Im on MAC 64 bit beta version
Mountain Lion 10.8.4

not using the MAC magic mouse, just a conventional 2button with a scroll wheel.

Thanks in advance.

best,
SvK

Decapitated Giraffe

Postby Decapitated Giraffe » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:07 am

Seeing this(similar anyway) in win 8 as well. Knobs have a mind of they're own since last update. would appreciate this being addressed!

schmidi

Postby schmidi » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:28 pm

I've experienced the same on my laptop's trackpad. Quite annoying and easy to mess a nice patch up without realizing it.

kingdubrock

Postby kingdubrock » Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:51 pm

I finally pulled the trigger on Tremor and ran into this right away. With both mouse and trackpad. Beyond frustrating.
If this is an "old news" question can somebody just mention what the status on the fix is and/or possibly link to a thread where its been discussed?
Im a bit surprised that this thread has gone unanswered for as long as it has.
Any insight is appreciated.

jonshamieh

Postby jonshamieh » Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:30 am

This has been happening to me since day one as well. It's super annoying and really screws up workflow.

jonshamieh

Postby jonshamieh » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:20 pm

This is still happening to me. I'm on 1.0.2.7 64 bit VST with latest Mavericks, but this was happening in Lion also. Anyone have any info?

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:39 pm

Please try the latest beta! Version 1.0.3.0.

brekehan

Postby brekehan » Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:43 am

Happening to me too on the latest version 1.3.0
Wrote a support ticket.

jonshamieh

still happening...

Postby jonshamieh » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:32 pm

This is still happening in the latest beta 1.0.3.0 and OS X 10.9.5, standalone and in a DAWs..

jonshamieh

Postby jonshamieh » Tue Dec 23, 2014 2:58 am

any one have any luck with this yet? i literally can not use tremor because of it..

brekehan

Postby brekehan » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:03 am

jonshamieh wrote:any one have any luck with this yet? i literally can not use tremor because of it..

It's been 3 years. I think it is obvious they have no intention of fixing it. Tremor is also worthless to me in this state. I simply won't give them any more of my budget in the future. Shame.

dreifalt

Postby dreifalt » Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:49 am

I experienced the same issue here on a Windows 8.1 System.
The only 'solution' was to reinstall version 1.0.2.7.

I even didn't uninstall the latest version, I just 'overrode' the older vsts during the installation (because I was sooo bugged by that). This just works fine for me now, all buttons work as expected again.

I have to admit that this isn't 'really nice' from fxpansion to just not care about that issue or to place any info somewhere on their site - I guess the problem is a tricky one that would be too time-consuming to solve... ?

Anyway, I still love the sound of Tremor and I HAVE to tweak on it while programming/performing, so this downgrade just works fine for me and I do enjoy Tremor again like I did in the earlier days on Win 7.

abstractcats

Re: Mouse continues to change the values of a knob even after releasing the mouse button...

Postby abstractcats » Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:57 am

Just updated to the latest version 1.0.3.0. And have this issue. On WIN 8.1 64
Any one have a solution, yet?

Rory_FX

Re: Mouse continues to change the values of a knob even after releasing the mouse button...

Postby Rory_FX » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:17 am

Hello,

This is a known bug. We've had it in our system for some time. I can only apologise that we haven't fixed it sooner.

There is a workaround which you can use until we do fix it. If you disable "Selection follows MIDI" in the transport, the problem should disappear. The bug is only manifest when there is incoming MIDI and "Selection follows MIDI" is enabled.

Hope that helps.
Attachments
Selection Follows MIDI.png
Selection Follows MIDI.png (84.76 KiB) Viewed 7679 times

Return to “Tremor”