Forum

FXpansion Forum

Sync Midi in Maul with Logic

Support for Maul

Moderator: SKoT_FX

robmajor

Sync Midi in Maul with Logic

Postby robmajor » Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:58 am

I have just purchased Maul and think it sounds great but can't make any of the modulators sync to any midi inputs in Logic X. The only thing I can make it do is sync to the start of the song. So for example if I press play the modulator arrow (on the mod destination) will flick to its starts position as it should but that is all the syncing I can do. I have read that if I input D-2 it should re-trigger LFO1 and D-2# for LFO2 but nothing. Also if I use midi velocity as a source and say, lfo rate as a destination and then slide the orange slider around to set the modulation amount on the lfo nothing happens from differing velocities. Is this a bug? Am I doing something wrong? I am using 1.0.0.7. Any advice would be appreciated.

robmajor

Postby robmajor » Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:06 am

Update. Midi learn also does not work. Its fine with Geist and Tremor. Perhaps this might shed some light on the problem.

robmajor

Postby robmajor » Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Ok, after looking into this further the manual does say that some host applications require it to be run as a midi controlled effect. Logic seem to be one of these. Its a long and painful process to do this however. I think I will just use it as a straight distortion plugin unless I really need to use the modulation sections. Its easier to use other lfo plugins to do this on instrument tracks sending out of external instruments and then back into logic.

Return to “Maul”