Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 Setup Problems

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Atardecer

BFD3 Setup Problems

Postby Atardecer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 8:47 am

So I bought the BFD3 download upgrade and am having some issues.

Firstly, I have always had issues with FXpansion downloads. I have a very good cable connection and have downloaded BFD2 products, Geist etc over the years. I regularly download other huge sample libraries and audio stuff at high volumes without any issue. I seemingly almost always get a corrupt download when downloading multi-part installers from FXpansion. In any case, rant over...

Downloaded BFD3 via the License Manager - it successfully downloaded all 38 odd GB. Wahoo! However, the installer stops about 3/4 the way thru giving 'encountered a problem' error message. Tried many times but it always fails at the same stage. I can only assume that this this is again a corrupt download. I'd prefer to not have to download the installer again as I'm pushing my monthly bandwidth limit as it is.

Thought I might be able to manually copy the payload files across. Did so and made sure the Content Paths were all correctly configured. However only the Grooves folder shows up in in the specified paths and Audio is nowhere to be found. Hence when I got to load kits or presets I get nothing (and no images). Will BFD3 not function if the audio files are not installed via the installer? Meaning I'm going to have to download the whole thing again?

Cheers,
James

PS: Initial impressions regarding the GUI - disappointed you guys got rid of the previous preset/kit/drum loader interface as I thought it was very good. This seems based on the Geist way of finding instruments which I've always thought is a bit clunky.

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:47 am

try to use this Install Script for the Core Library

http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7579387

Atardecer

Postby Atardecer » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:33 pm

That did the trick. Thanks!

Return to “BFD3”