Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

zbishp

BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues

Postby zbishp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:15 pm

Having discovered how to download the Core Library on a networked computer that is not my DAW, License Manager is not completing the download for me.

The networked computer is a Windows 7 computer and I am trying to download the Core Library via the Windows version of the download ticket file.

I have made three attempts at the download:

(1) In my first attempt, License Manager managed to download 4.78GB, before stopping and not continuing.

(2) In my second attempt (which took 3 hours), License Manager downloaded 37.9GB, but stalled at 99% with a message of "In queue: 99%".

(3) In my third attempt (which took another 3 hours), License Mange download 37.9GB, but again stalled at 99% with a message of "Checking status of files already download..."

This really is Mickey Mouse stuff. I did not sign up to be a Beta Tester for FX.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what the issue might be?

It would also be help if someone could provide me with the number of files and the number of folders that should be within the downloaded BFD3 Core Library, by right clicking on that folder and choosing Properties. That way I can perhaps verify that all the objects have been downloaded, even though the download is showing as incomplete. Needles to say, the two 99% downloaded attempts have different numbers of files in the sub-folders.

Kind Regards.

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:26 pm

as far as i know , you don´t needs to download it over again ! because it checks what you have downloaded already !

there are also some threads here about the same !

when it stucks at 99 percent , have you tried to close the License Manager and restart the License Manger again ?

musicman80

Postby musicman80 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:27 pm

I have the same problem,
are stopped for more than 1 hour to 99%, 37.7/37.9.
tells me still in the queue

bashmentality

Postby bashmentality » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:30 pm

When it says "Checking status of files already download..." you need to wait a few minutes, LM has to scan all the files that have already been downloaded.
The four most important plug-ins for music production:
VSTtalent v6.7
VSTexperience v2.5
VSTknowlege v8.3
VSTgoldenears v4.1
;-)

zbishp

Postby zbishp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:40 pm

BGD_John wrote:as far as i know , you don´t needs to download it over again ! because it checks what you have downloaded already !

there are also some threads here about the same !

when it stucks at 99 percent , have you tried to close the License Manager and restart the License Manger again ?

BGD_John - Thanks for chiming in.

Closing and restarting License Manager makes no difference. If you double-click it, it just re-installs itself again! If you right click the same download ticket, it starts downloading it from scratch. If you stop it in mid-process, it asks whether you want the part download deleted. If you say "yes", it just closes without deleting the part download. It's Mickey Mouse stuff....

zbishp

Postby zbishp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:41 pm

musicman80 wrote:I have the same problem,
are stopped for more than 1 hour to 99%, 37.7/37.9.
tells me still in the queue

Sorry to hear that musicman80. You have my full sympathy.

zbishp

Postby zbishp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:43 pm

bashmentality wrote:When it says "Checking status of files already download..." you need to wait a few minutes, LM has to scan all the files that have already been downloaded.

bashmentality - Thanks again for your input.

I left it in that state for the best part of an hour. It didn't budge.

BGD_John

Postby BGD_John » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:49 pm

just don´t doubleclick on the BFD3_Core_Library.fxfdownload file !!

start the license manager and go to :

Products Tab/Open Download Ticked and locate your BFD3_Core_Library.fxfdownload File

at least this way has worked fine for me , and if the internet connection hangs just restart the License Manager

to be honest FXpansion should really change the Download Instruction pdf File !

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:58 pm

The only way it would start the ticket again is if you deleted the data that you downloaded the first time, or changed the download location.

We've seen a few users whose systems for some reason stop at 99% and don't move onto the next stage. In cases like these, if your data downloaded is 37.8GB you can proceed to run the installer manually from the folder you downloaded it to.

Please mail in a support ticket for more thorough and individual tips to get you up and running!

zbishp

Postby zbishp » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:24 pm

Drew_fx - thanks, I will mail in a support ticket.

In the interim, can you answer the question that I posed in the opening post:

"It would also be help if someone could provide me with the number of files and the number of folders that should be within the downloaded BFD3 Core Library, by right clicking on that folder and choosing Properties. That way I can perhaps verify that all the objects have been downloaded, even though the download is showing as incomplete. Needles to say, the two 99% downloaded attempts have different numbers of files in the sub-folders."

That would be a helpful start, if you could do that.

Needless to say, I don't want to risk transferring a part library to my DAW. That's just asking for problems further downstream.

Kaylen

Postby Kaylen » Sun Oct 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Im having similar problems...I've been at this 24 hours now and am back to 14% complete... It took me a week to get BFD2 installed,,I was hoping this would go smoothetr

pm65r

corrupt data download

Postby pm65r » Sun Oct 06, 2013 6:11 pm

Hi,my story isive been trying to download since I purchased on Tuesday. It's now Sunday night.
First time my first download took 2 days to complete.installed exactly how It said.when loaded the program worked with bfd2 data but every bfd3 setting gave me "unknown absolute path" whatever I tried. I emailed fxpansion through the website and have yet to recieve a reply.
I decided to delete everything and start the download again and after neatly 3 days it got to 97% and said it was corrupt and to contact fxp tech support.
Please please help this is incredibly frustrating.

drumrgal

Postby drumrgal » Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:40 pm

BGD_John wrote:just don´t doubleclick on the BFD3_Core_Library.fxfdownload file !!

start the license manager and go to :

Products Tab/Open Download Ticked and locate your BFD3_Core_Library.fxfdownload File

at least this way has worked fine for me , and if the internet connection hangs just restart the License Manager

to be honest FXpansion should really change the Download Instruction pdf File !

Thank you, thank you, thank you....this totally worked for me :D

Kim
Roland TD12
MAC OS 10.8 /8 GB /2.8 Intel Core i7
Logic Express 9/Apogee Duet
BFD2(Andy Johns,Jim Scott,Peter Erskine)
SD2 & SDX's & EZX's)
AD
OWD Silver
Ultimate Studio Drums-Sonic Reality
Abbey Road 70's

r.ofman

Postby r.ofman » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:20 pm

Hello
I am trying to dl the core library now for at least 4 days. So far I have approx 17 gig downloaded. I must say that the license manager is hopeless. I had several crashes and although it uses the processor for 1 to 8 % on my quad core nothing really happens. There should be a different way to dl the library as this is going to take ages to finish.

Rob

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:55 am

The content installer statistics:

37.8 GB (40,688,873,526 Bytes)
37.9 GB (40,698,483,712 Bytes, on disk)
18800 Files
557 Folders
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Return to “BFD3”