BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues - Page 3 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

r.ofman

Postby r.ofman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:15 am

Hello again,

I stopped trying to dl the core library. I've been trying to do that for a week now and I'm at 17gig. Most of the time the LM gives unknown remaing time and no dl activity. However, if I open windows task manager I see that the LM is using is using 1 to sometimes 8 % of the processor (i7 860, windows 7pro 64bit) and there is also network activity. LM is using increasing amounts of user memory without putting anything on my HD. I have (only) 8 gig of user memory and probably LM crashes when this is completely used.
Please sort it out as this makes BFD3 completely useless.

Rob

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:20 am

Hi,

That is indeed strange. I cannot reproduce the issue here. Can you please get in touch with our support team in order to upgrade your order to a USB stick.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:00 am

Just a quick word on this - we are investigating License Manager presently for the memory usage issues, and we think we know the problem.

dharperg

Postby dharperg » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:03 pm

Hi,

Do you think this memory issue that is being worked on would resolve my issue? I get the follow error after reaching about 45% in LM download of the Core Library. LM then crashes.

VException Handler_Win symbol server could not be initialized.

I thought it was due to my ISP speed (3.0 but lucky to get 1.5). I've submitted a request to support, twice, for the path to upgrade to usb stick but I did not get a confirmation that a ticket was issued or was being looked at.

Thanks

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:59 pm

dharperg wrote:Hi,

Do you think this memory issue that is being worked on would resolve my issue? I get the follow error after reaching about 45% in LM download of the Core Library. LM then crashes.

I thought it was due to my ISP speed (3.0 but lucky to get 1.5). I've submitted a request to support, twice, for the path to upgrade to usb stick but I did not get a confirmation that a ticket was issued or was being looked at.

Thanks

What happens if you then launch the License Manager again, and go to the downloads page, and then use the menu option "open download ticket" ??

It should rescan everything you've currently downloaded, and then resume the download. The crash must be to do with running out of memory.

dharperg

Postby dharperg » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:37 pm

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, that is what I've been doing since I purchased BFD3 upgarde on 10/1. When I launch the LM after a crash, go to the downloads page and open the download ticket, the rescan starts (orange progress bar). After it reaches about 30% the progress bar changes to gray and progress very slowly. When the progress makes it to about 40-45% then LM crashes again. I have been trying this process, stopping it manually using the 'X' at the up right of the Download page, as well as removing all the files through the LM option and starting all over again with no luck.

I have been watching the LM log file and files that are being downloaded. I have Kits 1-5 currently (although they may not be complete). LM is now at 39% 17.2g and it looks like LM is currently trying to make its way through Kit 4. I find it odd that it takes so long for LM to rescan or scan everything that has been downloaded.

I'm using Win 7 64 I5 overclocked to 3.20ghz with 16gb of memory. Any advise is appreciated.

Again, I would upgrade to the USB if I would get a response back with the link. Or if what is being worked on regarding a memory issue with LM will fix or help with the download purchase I'll give it a try.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:42 pm

Right, but what I'm saying is to re-open the ticket without deleting the content it downloads.

We're looking at the high CPU and memory issue. But for the time being, when it freezes if you restart the LM, it should pick up where it left off.

It takes so long because it has to run a CRC check against each file.

dharperg

Postby dharperg » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:57 pm

Correct. I re-open the ticket without deleting the content it has downloads. When it crashes and I open LM back up, go to downloads page and re-open the ticket it starts the scan of what has downloaded. Once LM is at around 30% the progress bar changes from orange to gray. At this point the percentage moves slowly.

I have tried to delete the content of the download and start over but that did not work either so I thought it would be best to just continue to re-open the ticket without deleting.

What determines that it is has frozen? Since my last post it is still at 41% but the download shows 17.8g instead of 17.2 and 39%. Looking at the LM log I can see that it has progress slowly to another Kit folder. Since it has not crashed on its own should I close LM and restart? By "close LM" I mean selecting the red/white X on the top right of the LM application not the gray/black X on the downloads page. Or should I close LM by selecting the gray/black X and choosing the option to not delete the content and then reopen the ticket. Or should I just let it go until it crashes?

Do you have an ETA on the fix for the memory issue that you reported? Again, appreciate you input.

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:08 pm

If you have seen that same message again:

And the progress bar is increasing (albiet slowly) ... then it looks like it is continuing to download.

innesireinar

Postby innesireinar » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:50 pm

Drew, never seen something like this in my life.
Don't understand why you can't put some simple .rar files in the download user page.

dharperg

Postby dharperg » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:51 pm

Thanks. I'll keep trying today. It is reaching the point it typically crashes now. Hopefully it will keep going and I won't have to restart.

Would you have any input to why or how I can get a response from support regarding a link to the USB upgrade path? If the download purchase does not complete today, I want to just upgrade to the USB stick so I can use the product.

Thanks.

jazztom

BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues

Postby jazztom » Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi,
I´m also experiencing the problem that licence manager crashes after downloading some GB. When I restart the ticket again, it won´t find the stuff already downloaded although I didn´t delete anything and the stuff can be found in the download folder. It simply starts downloading from the beginning. I´ve been playing that game for 5 days now. The installation of BFD3 itself worked fine and I can use my BFD2 kits within BFD3.

To be honest I dont´t like the idea to pay for the upgrade to the usb-stick version in order to get the new content because it´s not my fault that you changed the download procedure and the new one doesn´t work. I have been a BFD2 customer for some years know and I never had such trouble downloading the many,many expansion kits that I bought. So I think we simply can expect that You fix the download issue and come up with a new version of licence mangager that simply does what it should do.

By the way I love BFD2 and I´m amazed by the workflow of BFD3 but the content issue simply spoils the very positive impression of BFD3 at the moment.

MrMook

Postby MrMook » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:29 am

MOVED FROM IMPROPER THREAD:

Download seemed to be almost finished. When I went to check the status LM had stopped. I restarted LM and checked downloads and it found nothing. I checked download history and it is blank. FXpansion file shows 36.0 GB. I believe the file size to be be 37 GB+ so I don't think I have the entire download. Last night the LM also quit but I had a successful restart.

Win 7, 64 bit, latest version of LM.

Not sure what to do.

Suggestions appreciated since I'm almost there after 24 hours + of downloading.

Thanks,
Dave-

Edit: I am logged on via the LM so net connection is okay.

PS - I tried the InstallScript.fis fix with no success.

dharperg

Postby dharperg » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:52 pm

Drew,

I'm still not able to complete the Core Library download. I've been trying since 10/1. It makes it to 40-44% and crashes. I've submitted two support request for how to get the upgrade path to USB stick but no response. I've ask about the memory issue that you report was being worked on but no response to a resolution time frame. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:04 pm

Hi dharperg,

I will mail you.

Return to “BFD3”