BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues - Page 4 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

jazztom

BFD3 Core Library Download/Installation - Saga continues

Postby jazztom » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:34 pm

I don´t understand why You guys can´t make a simple statement like: "Yes, threre is a severe issue with the download function of the new license manager. We are working on the issue. We will come up with a solution for our customers as soon as possible."

jazztom

Postby jazztom » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:08 am

Hi Drew,

I looked into the errorlog, where there are some hundred of logs statements like:

140ffsmluhjx7.cloudfront.net; Host not found
http://d140ffsmluhjx7.cloudfront.net/Pa ... Audio/BFD3 Kit 3/Paiste 2002 Power Bell Ride/Bell/master21.bfdca -> Could not resolve host:

I find it remarkable, that the error log is only listing cymbal files and not a single drum file. May be this has to do with the fact, that the cymbal files are larger than the drum files. I don´t know the license managers code but I hope this could give You a hint, where the bug comes from. Hope that helps.

cooneypen

Postby cooneypen » Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:33 am

I'm having the same issue, ive been spending my whole day getting the unexpected crashes around 37% download status. I don't have the money to fork out an extra $50 for a USB stick. I have a brand new mac with an i7 quad core 16gb ddr3 1600mhz ram. 1tb SDD with less than 100gb used so far. so i know its not my comp, i've dl much bigger files on my last comp which was way slower. why does this thread stop all of the sudden with no resolved issue? please help, this is not a good 1st impression for me as well. please actually help, i know it's not my comp.

kennymccormack

Postby kennymccormack » Sat Mar 29, 2014 10:07 pm

Issue #1:

99% hang issue is still occurring...!?! As of 30 March 2014 :oops:

All fine though
- Quit licence manager
- Start BFD3
- Authorise
- Download manager scans downloaded files

DONE -

Now running BFD3 will show UNKNOWN ABSOLUTE PATH when loading any kit or preset...!?!
Scanning the content location finds Grooves, not audio.

Issue: the audio data is downloaded, but not installed, it should be 58Gb (not 39)

I had to re-run BFD3_Core_Library_OSX.app, this took 15 mins to unzip the content into appropriate locations.

Return to “BFD3”