Would be great if manual had a list of the Key Maps with the actual mappings to keys and midi notes - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Would be great if manual had a list of the Key Maps with the actual mappings to keys and midi notes

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Strat

Would be great if manual had a list of the Key Maps with the actual mappings to keys and midi notes

Postby Strat » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:05 pm

Does anyone have a list of the key mappings for the BFD3 map (preferably with Both keyboard and midi notes listed) to save me having to manually type up a list up so I can re-program my Zendrum?

jord

Postby jord » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:32 pm

Why not create a map in BFD3 to match your Zendrum and use that?

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

Funkybot

Postby Funkybot » Mon Oct 14, 2013 2:52 pm

jord wrote:Why not create a map in BFD3 to match your Zendrum and use that?

jord

+1. It'll be much faster for you to create a new map in BFD3 that matches your existing Zendrum mapping than it will be to remap your Zendrum to match a different BFD3 mapping.
Pay no attention to this signature.

jackn2mpu

Re: Would be great if manual had a list of the Key Maps with the actual mappings to keys and midi notes

Postby jackn2mpu » Wed Oct 16, 2013 11:24 am

Strat wrote:Does anyone have a list of the key mappings for the BFD3 map (preferably with Both keyboard and midi notes listed) to save me having to manually type up a list up so I can re-program my Zendrum?
You've hit on one of my pet peeves with BFD 3 and that's the poor documentation of things that are in the program. fxpansion really needs to hire a tech writer to do their documentation.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
2012 Mac Pro cheesegrater, 3.46 GHz hex core cpu, 48 gig ram, OSX 10.13.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

guitardom

Re: Would be great if manual had a list of the Key Maps with the actual mappings to keys and midi notes

Postby guitardom » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:39 pm

jackn2mpu wrote:
Strat wrote:Does anyone have a list of the key mappings for the BFD3 map (preferably with Both keyboard and midi notes listed) to save me having to manually type up a list up so I can re-program my Zendrum?
You've hit on one of my pet peeves with BFD 3 and that's the poor documentation of things that are in the program. fxpansion really needs to hire a tech writer to do their documentation.
thats just a silly statement. What drum program does include that?? None I have ever seen. They are meant to have you program the VI to your drums, not vice versa.

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:13 pm

guitardom wrote:
jackn2mpu wrote:
thats just a silly statement. What drum program does include that?? None I have ever seen. They are meant to have you program the VI to your drums, not vice versa.
What you missed is that I was talking about is the poor documentation in BFD 3. There's stuff missing that should be there and this programming is just one thing. If there's a map that's close and can be adapted then all the better but you don't know that without documentation.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

guitardom

Postby guitardom » Sun Oct 20, 2013 12:21 am

jackn2mpu wrote:
guitardom wrote:
jackn2mpu wrote:
What you missed is that I was talking about is the poor documentation in BFD 3. There's stuff missing that should be there and this programming is just one thing. If there's a map that's close and can be adapted then all the better but you don't know that without documentation.

My point is no drum vi's or any vi's period I know of publish this data. It's easily found in the software and why it comes w lots of preset key maps for lots of different e kits and hardware. Plus if you already have them built for BFD 2, they will work in 3. Besides, would be logical to have 10 pages devoted to transcribing out key maps?? Then its off anyway if your using it in a host like PT for example and it must be set to a -2 octaves to line up?

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:28 am

guitardom wrote:My point is no drum vi's or any vi's period I know of publish this data. It's easily found in the software and why it comes w lots of preset key maps for lots of different e kits and hardware. Plus if you already have them built for BFD 2, they will work in 3. Besides, would be logical to have 10 pages devoted to transcribing out key maps?? Then its off anyway if your using it in a host like PT for example and it must be set to a -2 octaves to line up?
Just because no one else has it doesn't mean fxpansion or someone else can't start documenting these type of things. The 1 or 2 octave thing is readily understood anyways.

I give up - just because some like to work in the dark and rather sit and do it all right at the computer than map it out before hand amazes me.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

guitardom

Postby guitardom » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:26 am

jackn2mpu wrote:
guitardom wrote:My point is no drum vi's or any vi's period I know of publish this data. It's easily found in the software and why it comes w lots of preset key maps for lots of different e kits and hardware. Plus if you already have them built for BFD 2, they will work in 3. Besides, would be logical to have 10 pages devoted to transcribing out key maps?? Then its off anyway if your using it in a host like PT for example and it must be set to a -2 octaves to line up?
Just because no one else has it doesn't mean fxpansion or someone else can't start documenting these type of things. The 1 or 2 octave thing is readily understood anyways.

I give up - just because some like to work in the dark and rather sit and do it all right at the computer than map it out before hand amazes me.

Its a matter of money and manpower imo. I think Fxpansion has plenty on their plates to worry about currently rather than something that takes a user on their own, a matter of minutes to resolve by creating their own keymap. You would spend more time figuring out the key difference and transposing it to your needs.

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:01 am

guitardom wrote:
Its a matter of money and manpower imo. I think Fxpansion has plenty on their plates to worry about currently rather than something that takes a user on their own, a matter of minutes to resolve by creating their own keymap. You would spend more time figuring out the key difference and transposing it to your needs.
Still no excuse to not have proper documentation for something. I come from an engineering environment (aerospace as an EE) where you had to document EVERYTHING no matter how small.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:27 pm

Thanks, I think you've made your point. I'll see if I can add this in a future version of the manual. We're more than willing to hear suggestions. It would, however, be nice if you could refrain from insulting the development team while doing so.
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:36 pm

mayur_FX wrote:Thanks, I think you've made your point. I'll see if I can add this in a future version of the manual. We're more than willing to hear suggestions. It would, however, be nice if you could refrain from insulting the development team while doing so.
I don't see what I said as an insult but telling it like it had to be told. Blunt, direct and to the point - I don't sugar-coat anything.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

Return to “BFD3”