Demo Version of BFD3? - Page 2 - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

Demo Version of BFD3?

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Jack, please don't pretend to know what our in house processes are like. I've been as transparent as I can about the demo release, and Skot is right, there are a whole bunch of extra tests we have to account for. You'd be the first one to drag us through the street if we'd released a half-broken build to the public. You've pretty much already said you're not going to upgrade, so why you continue to ride us like this is baffling.

Again, as I have requested in the past, please be patient with us.

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:09 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Jack, please don't pretend to know what our in house processes are like. I've been as transparent as I can about the demo release, and Skot is right, there are a whole bunch of extra tests we have to account for. You'd be the first one to drag us through the street if we'd released a half-broken build to the public. You've pretty much already said you're not going to upgrade, so why you continue to ride us like this is baffling.

Again, as I have requested in the past, please be patient with us.
Never said I knew or pretended to know your in house processes just gave a couple of ways things could have been done better. Just because I won't be upgrading doesn't mean I can't give ideas on how to improve things; sometimes an outside voice like mine needs to be heard because a company can become myopic otherwise in their ivory towers.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
2012 Mac Pro cheesegrater, 3.46 GHz hex core cpu, 48 gig ram, OSX 10.13.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

Drew_BFDTeam

Postby Drew_BFDTeam » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:34 pm

Riiiiiiight...

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 pm

Drew_fx wrote:Riiiiiiight...
This answer just proves what I was talking about - fxpansion is stuck in it's ivory tower and doesn't want to hear from outside that the emperor has no clothes.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:02 am

Cold showers all around gang! Back to playing nice.

There's some work involved packaging up the demo that we run out of time to do prior to release. Release schedules start looking this unstoppable super tankers once you start making public announcements and commitments, and the demo had to get bumped back in the priority queue.

Post release, we had a bunch of critical staff that had been working days, nights and weekends for months who needed some time out to be retaught how to engage with the world outside the office, what that bright shiny thing in the sky was, and so on.

It will be out and about very shortly!
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

jackn2mpu

Postby jackn2mpu » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:04 am

SKoT_FX wrote:Cold showers all around gang! Back to playing nice.

There's some work involved packaging up the demo that we run out of time to do prior to release. Release schedules start looking this unstoppable super tankers once you start making public announcements and commitments, and the demo had to get bumped back in the priority queue.

Post release, we had a bunch of critical staff that had been working days, nights and weekends for months who needed some time out to be retaught how to engage with the world outside the office, what that bright shiny thing in the sky was, and so on.

It will be out and about very shortly!
I am playing nice. I give up as I had a lot more to say here but I see it falls on deaf ears.
Jack
Pro Tools 2019.6
BFD 3 and plenty more

Qapla

Return to “BFD3”