BFD3 asking to authorize BFD2 (Dont have BFD2) - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 asking to authorize BFD2 (Dont have BFD2)

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

rimshot1971

BFD3 asking to authorize BFD2 (Dont have BFD2)

Postby rimshot1971 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:27 am

I just purchasded BFD3 a few days ago and all was well until I purchased the Yamaha Oak Custom pack. After downloading and installing the Oak kit I had BFD3 rescan and I authorized the xpansion pack but now the license manager wants me to put in a serial number for BFD2. Im stumped. I thought these packs worked with BFD3? I cant see the Audio files for the Yamaha pack even after scan but it is authorized with serial number in License manager. I purchased legit from Audio Deluxe on line.I also had bought the Dunnett Ti pack and it worked great with no issues. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Matthew (rimshot1971)

Jason Brian Merill

Postby Jason Brian Merill » Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:31 pm

do you have any BFD2 content on your drive?
Core i7 2700
6 HDDs SATA one specifically for BFD2 and SSD4
Presonus Firepod with v2.46 drivers
Windows 8 - Reaper
BFD 1.5/BFD 2.0/BFD PER

rimshot1971

Postby rimshot1971 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:01 pm

I deleted post
Last edited by rimshot1971 on Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

rimshot1971

Postby rimshot1971 » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:34 am

Here is what I have noticed with the expansion pack. The Yamaha Oak Custom pack asked for an application folder to install content for BFD2. Then it asks for the data folder path for the audio. This is what is complicating the authorization process. It thinks there is BFD2 already installed. I installed just the bamboo snare that come with the Yamaha Oak Custom kit and it did not ask for the application folder. It only wanted the data path for the audio. So it authorized the Yamaha Oak Custom pack without asking to authorize BFD2. So I now have only the bamboo snare loaded and working great. Now, with the Dunnett Ti kit expansion it only asks for the data folder location for audio. It does not ask for an application path. Seems to me the file downloads for the Yamaha Oak Custom kit need to be revised as to not ask for and load the application path files for BFD2. This is the problem. License Manager will keep trying to authorize a BFD2 license when its really not even there to begin with.

Return to “BFD3”