BFD3 "quits unexpectedly" every time I open it [Solved: v3.0.2, avail soon] - Fxpansion.com

Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 "quits unexpectedly" every time I open it [Solved: v3.0.2, avail soon]

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

mattbrooks

BFD3 "quits unexpectedly" every time I open it [Solved: v3.0.2, avail soon]

Postby mattbrooks » Sun Dec 08, 2013 4:40 am

Hey guys,

After an apparently successful download and authorization, I can't launch BFD3. I have been through the installation process, and the Core Library installation, but when I open BFD3 it crashes almost instantly, saying it "quit unexpectedly".

I am using a Mac, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
OS X Version 10.6.8

Was my software somehow corrupted during download? Or can my system just not run BFD3?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks!

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:53 pm

We managed to repro this situation and have a fix going through testing as part of 3.0.2, which should be out soon.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

mattbrooks

Postby mattbrooks » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:37 pm

Thanks for the reply. If I installed BFD 3 on a newer, faster Mac with a newer operating system, do you think that would fix this problem?

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:47 am

I don't think so - There was an issue in the portaudio library we use to talk to CoreAudio - certain audio buffer sizes , sample rates and drivers could lead to a crash - BFD3 trying to talk to a driver before it was ready. You could try setting your audio device to start at 44100Hz with a buffersize of 256 in the AudioMIDI utility and see if that gets things going for you in the meantime. What is you audio interface, and what sample rate and buffer sizes is it set to use currently?
SKoT McDonald

CTO FXpansion]

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:06 am

Matt has reported that a 3.0.2.8 preview build has addressed the crash-on-startup on his machine. This build will be publicly available very soon.
SKoT McDonald

CTO FXpansion]

chucks

Postby chucks » Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:16 pm

SKoT_FX wrote:Matt has reported that a 3.0.2.8 preview build has addressed the crash-on-startup on his machine. This build will be publicly available very soon.

Installed the public beta 3.0.2.8 and standalone still crashing on startup on Mavericks if audio device sample rate is not 44.1k.

glennwickline

help please, I have the same problem

Postby glennwickline » Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:48 pm

BFD3 crashes upon starting, giving me the same "standalone quit unexpectedly" message that the other forum user mentioned. However, your response was to "change the audio device sample rate to 44.1k". Here's my question, and I apologize if it's an ignorant one: I use an Avid Mbox and I'm not sure how to adjust the sample rate for the device before BFD3 starts. Any solutions?

(It's the mbox seen here: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/ ... MgodikYA8g)

Thanks,
Glenn

Return to “BFD3”