Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 Manual

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

wyattd

BFD3 Manual

Postby wyattd » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:19 am

Keep finding odd things here from my install of the download version of BFD3. These errors and omissions from the install tend to knock my confidence about the download product and the installer.

Why is there no BFD3 manual?.

My install appears to not have installed its BFD3 Help directory which is referenced in the install log file. So I have no manual that I can find. There is also no BFD3 manual download referenced online for download only BFD2. Is there a manual?

I note there is an online help from within the product but that doesn't help me as I want to read the pdf manual from my ipad.

Where can I get the pdf manual for BFD3 and what else am I missing which should should have been installed in the application help directory referenced in the log file.

I attach an extract of the Installation log which also reference 3 install failure entries, anyone know if the referenced file is related to the empty Help directory under C:/Program data/Fxpansion/BFD3/Help?

Cheers
David
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hardware : Intel i7 920 2.6 Asus P6T 6GB ram 64bit
Steinberg MR816 CSX Firewire.
Software : Win7 Pro Sp1 64bit Cubase 7.5.10 BFD2, BFD3, Halion 5, Halion Sonic 2,

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:45 am

You can download the manual on the product page:

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page=205&tab=494

Rail

wyattd

BFD3 Manual

Postby wyattd » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:51 am

Thanks for pointer Rail.

Should the manual have been installed into the BFD3 help directory by the installer? What other files if any should be in the help directory.? This is a bit worrying as I need to discover what actually went wrong on install?

Cheers

David
Hardware : Intel i7 920 2.6 Asus P6T 6GB ram 64bit

Steinberg MR816 CSX Firewire.

Software : Win7 Pro Sp1 64bit Cubase 7.5.10 BFD2, BFD3, Halion 5, Halion Sonic 2,

raino

Postby raino » Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:03 am

@David

I just upgraded and also didn't have the manual installed. Also when I went to the downloads page there were PDFs for BFD & BFD2 but not BFD3. I'd never have thought to look on the product page if it wasn't on the download page. Someone is not paying attention to the details it would seem. :x

mayur_FX

Re: BFD3 Manual

Postby mayur_FX » Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:03 pm

wyattd wrote:Thanks for pointer Rail.

Should the manual have been installed into the BFD3 help directory by the installer? What other files if any should be in the help directory.? This is a bit worrying as I need to discover what actually went wrong on install?

Cheers

David

No - manuals are now provided online only. They can of course be downloaded but having them online means that the manual can be updated separately from software builds (there have already been revisions to the online manual).
Mayur Maha
FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]
Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

raino

Postby raino » Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:10 pm

mayur_FX wrote:No - manuals are now provided online only. They can of course be downloaded but having them online means that the manual can be updated separately from software builds (there have already been revisions to the online manual).

That's fine. But if you are going to take that approach then you really need to have a link to the manual on the product download page. Follow the link below to the BFD3 download page and you'll find there is no link to the manual (although you can find the BFD & BFD2 manuals).

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page ... nid=232495
[/url]

A customer shouldn't need to search the forum to locate the manual. You should make that easy, not difficult.

mayur_FX

Postby mayur_FX » Tue Mar 04, 2014 11:13 am

raino wrote:
mayur_FX wrote:No - manuals are now provided online only. They can of course be downloaded but having them online means that the manual can be updated separately from software builds (there have already been revisions to the online manual).

That's fine. But if you are going to take that approach then you really need to have a link to the manual on the product download page. Follow the link below to the BFD3 download page and you'll find there is no link to the manual (although you can find the BFD & BFD2 manuals).

http://www.fxpansion.com/index.php?page ... nid=232495
[/url]

A customer shouldn't need to search the forum to locate the manual. You should make that easy, not difficult.

It's linked from the product page and the FAQs and in the plugin itself (and demo). The links on the front page should now be more prominent and visible at first view without scrolling.
Mayur Maha

FXpansion Audio [http://www.fxpansion.com]

Please do not PM me - use the support ticket system instead

silhouette

Postby silhouette » Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:01 pm

purtington wrote:

When you say customer do you mean a prospective buyer or someone who already owns BFD3 ?

If it's the latter then the manual is easily accessed via the BFD3 help button "Launch On Line Manual"

Not exactly hard and lots of software is the same these days.

If you mean the former then I doubt that many prospective buyers would be in any great hurry to read the manual
prior to using BFD3.

Steve

That assumes that all users have their computer online. Whilst I do go online to update certain pieces of software I won't just for a manual. I don't have any anti virus installed on my music machine cos I can't be arsed to switch it on and off.

doublestrokeroll

Postby doublestrokeroll » Wed Mar 05, 2014 2:37 pm

Just google search "BFD3 manual".....it comes right up.....I don't get what the big deal is??

Return to “BFD3”