Forum

FXpansion Forum

BFD3 hangs on export

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

DaveRook

BFD3 hangs on export

Postby DaveRook » Mon Apr 07, 2014 3:51 pm

I'm struggling, and have been with the tech support but they are (I think) also finding it hard to fix.

Background: I used BFD2 standalone to import my midi and export the drum audio. All worked fine. Then suddenly, the export would hang... So, if I export the groove or drum part, it would display the exporting dialog, but never leave 100% - the progress dialog would remain on screen.

I didn't think I had made any software changes or firmware changes (and there was no hardware change).

I then got BFD3 - the same issue persists.

I then reformatted my PC... guess what, the same issue persists. I then downloaded the December update of BFD3 and the same issue continues.

After the progress dialog hangs on 100%, my only option is to hit cancel. The GUI updates, but the job never cancels - I have to close BFD3 which results in an exception being thrown.

C++ runtime error R6025 - pure virtual function call

I have tried exporting to 16 and 24 bit, online and offline modes.

Again, it used to work fine, but not any more...

The only way I can use BFD3 is within my DAW - at that point it works fine but, I'd rather have this functionality fixed!

Has any one else experienced similar?

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Tue Apr 08, 2014 3:38 am

There's some fixes coming in 3.0.3 for certain export situations that cause hanging... We're just nailing down a few other issues prior to release.
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

DaveRook

Postby DaveRook » Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:43 am

Hi Skot

Can I add some things I've noticed to your no doubt ever growing wish list of things to implement :)

1. Full screen mode :)
2. If I change the instrument type in Groove editor, the page doesn't reflect the changes correct. To re-create
Add a track to the groove, which has a snare drum (Hit). Click on the word HIT (under snare - see number 1 in attached) and it will select all points. Now, use the drop down boxes and change it from Snare to Cymbal (See number 2). You will see the drop down has become 'Kick'
3. Having the ability to start playback at any point in the groove

Hope you're doing well

In regards to the hanging issue, I'm not sure if you've the time (doubtful) but I'm happy for you to dial in to my machine and perform any debugging etc

Dave
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “BFD3”