FXpansion Forum

Bosphorus hihat room panning [BR:12218]

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Appleiii

Bosphorus hihat room panning [BR:12218]

Postby Appleiii » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:52 pm

Hi

Is it just me or is the hihat position in room mics a little off for the BFD3 bosphorus hihghats (stick, mallet and brush)? It seems to be quite far over to the left in the rooms, but off to the right in the OHs. I've done the latest patch updates (I think). The flip LR button flips both rooms and OH position so just reverses the problem.

Cheers,
Matt

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:05 am

Hmmm... that's a mid-side encoded room pair...

[edit]

Scratch previous posting, the jury is out again on what we are looking at here. I can confirm the evidence. Now checking with our sound engineers as to what they actually did on those hihats; I think we may be looking at a non Mid-Side channel pair incorrectly tagged as a Mid-Side channel pair, invoking the MS decoder on an RL stereo pair... please hold...
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Appleiii

Postby Appleiii » Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:12 am

Thanks for looking into it Skot

I had a go at editing the xml file - changing to L/R and swapping the channels and it may have done the trick.

<BFD2AudioChanInfo chanName="Room Side" chanType="ambient" encoding="stereoLeft" micIndex="0" chanIndex="2" />
<BFD2AudioChanInfo chanName="Room Mid" chanType="ambient" encoding="stereoRight" micIndex="1" chanIndex="3" />

I think the other kit-pieces are fine but it would be good to have this confirmed if poss

Cheers,
Matt

AshleySmith08

Postby AshleySmith08 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Any confirmation for this? Thanks!
Engineer/Producer/Musician/Media Content Creator
CV: https://app.box.com/s/oiulec8q1eyqn2r0s46k
MacPro 12 Core 2x2.4 GHz, 24 GB Ram | MacBook Pro 2.8GHz i7, 16GB Ram
10.8.4/10.10.4, UA Apollo Quad, PT 12.x

von-funkenstein

Re: Bosphorus hihat room panning [BR:12218]

Postby von-funkenstein » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:34 pm

Bit of an old one this but i'm late to the BFD3 party as BFD2 was just so damned good! :D

Ok i've noticed that the room channel appears to be the wrong way round, i'm mixing from audience perspective and i have the hats slightly right in the OHs and direct channels, i've flipped the room ambience but to no avail, the hats are definitely the wrong way round.....
Any chance of a fix rather than having to edit the xml file manually?

AWESOME job on BFD3 though guys! this is about the only gripe i have after a couple of months hard usage!
Cubase 8.5.15, Asus P9X79 LE, i7 4820K 3.7GHz, 32GB Corsair 1600 RAM, Asus R5 230, RME Multiface II PCIe, Win7 64Bit, BFD3 last build, JNF, BOMB, Oak, JEX, Deluxe, Jazz Maple, Dunnet Packs. UAD2 Quad/Solo. SSL Front end. T-Funk, Neumann, AKG, Shure mics.

Return to “BFD3”