FXpansion Forum

Meterings and Hit Animations stop working

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Novikthewise

Meterings and Hit Animations stop working

Postby Novikthewise » Thu Nov 20, 2014 3:46 pm

Hello there,

I run the latest build BFD3.0.3.30 on Win7 64bit and Cubase 7.5.30 64bit. I have 16 GB Ram and all the BFD Libraries are on a dadicated HDD.
When i close and reopen the BFD3 Plugin window serveral times all the animations stop working and the GUI reacts kind of slow. This happens only with non BFD3 libraries so far (DLX, Neil Peart, both Signature Snares and Joe Barresi Evil Drums). I tried this with purely BFD3 Library stuff. I can open and close the Window all day and the animations keep functioning. But as soon as i use other libraries it sooner or later happens everytime. My impression is that it is worst with the DLX Content but i might be wrong.
But when it happens the Engine is playing back the content flawlessly. Its just the animations that stop.

My workaround so far is to just leave the Plugin window open. Then it doesnt happen

I have pretty much no clue what is going wrong.

greetings Novik :lol: :D

Platinum Samples

Postby Platinum Samples » Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:24 pm

Check your Mixer GUI prefs…. are the options checked when the meters and animate mixer hits stop working?

Rail

Novikthewise

Postby Novikthewise » Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:27 am

Hello

Yes checked this but all animations are still turned on. If this happens while bfd is playing back all the meters and hit animations froze and permanetly show the last state they were in. Like you took a picture.

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:32 am

That can be a sign that an unhandled exception has occurred in the animation thread. What BFD build are you running?
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Novikthewise

Postby Novikthewise » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello there,

totally forgott about this thread. I am running 3.0.3.30 in 64bit. Its the latest available build i guess?

Novikthewise

Postby Novikthewise » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:47 pm

Hello there,

totally forgott about this thread. I am running 3.0.3.30 in 64bit. Its the latest available build i guess? :oops:

Novikthewise

Postby Novikthewise » Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:39 pm

I now could reproduce this behaviour even in the standalone version.
I cleared out the entire Kit and channels. I startet with a naked blank kit page and just the master bus.
Now i started to arrange my kit by dragging kit pieces onto the kit page. I did not use the drop down menues!!!. I just used drag and drop. I used the Imperial Drums btw.
Added a Kick > worked
Added a Hihat >worked
Added several tom > worked
Added a cymbal > all animation and meters froze. The exact same behaviour like in Cubase like i mentioned above in the thread.
As before playback still works like everything else. Just all the animations froze.
I saved my current preset, closed BFD3 and restarted it. Opened my preset again. Cymbals slot wasn't there. Just the Kick, Hihat and Toms i added before animations froze. Now i tried to drag a crash Cymbal again on the kit page. Same behaviour as before. I repeated it several times. Closing BFD3>Restarting>open preset>Dragging Cymbal on the page. Freezing.

I don't know what is causing this? Can it be my Graphics Card? I have a fairly low Nvidia Geforce 210 but with the newes drivers or at least no older than 2 weeks now. I somewhere read that Nvidia Geforce Cards can cause some trouble with realtime Audio Applications. Something about the energy-management that can not entirely be turned off? is this true?

Return to “BFD3”