Forum

FXpansion Forum

Kit Piece Naming in the mixer keeps getting reset

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

Cloudrunner

Kit Piece Naming in the mixer keeps getting reset

Postby Cloudrunner » Sun Aug 16, 2015 1:16 am

So I have messed with BFD 2 and now have BFD 3 and I am experiencing a strange annoyance. I have created a custom kit from scratch. I set up 7 toms and renamed the mixer channels appropriately, Tom 1-7. I saved the kit and the preset. However, at random the channels reset to the original names and have nothing to do with the toms that are loaded. EX: The first tom is the DW Sparkle Hi tom 1. In the mixer it is listed as Mid Tom 3. ??? All the toms are like this. There is no correspondence to the KP loaded. I have renamed and saved several times and each time the toms revert to this screwed up naming. I know this cannot be normal behavior.

Does anybody know why this happens or if there is a way to stop it? Thank You in advance for your help.

jord

Postby jord » Sun Aug 16, 2015 3:22 am

Tested with presets on latest public beta... haven't seen any issue.

Channel names most like won't save with kits, however, since no mixer settings are saved with kits.

jord
Real guitar heroes play real guitars

SKoT_FX
Promulgator of Beats

Postby SKoT_FX » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:46 am

Jord's right - you need to be saving entire presets, which saves the mixer channel names as well.
Kits are just a collection of kit pieces - no mixer settings such as channel names.

Does this sort you out?
SKoT McDonald
CTO FXpansion]

Return to “BFD3”