FXpansion Forum

macOS Sierra - Can't install BFD3

Product Support for BFD3

Moderator: Moderators

diogocme

macOS Sierra - Can't install BFD3

Postby diogocme » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi guys,

Just upgraded to Sierra and I can't install BFD3 - getting an error when clicking on the installer, screenshot below.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

purusha

Re: macOS Sierra - Can't install BFD3

Postby purusha » Thu Sep 29, 2016 9:17 pm

I'm seeing the same with Bloom. I guess the installer they're using across all products needs some work.

oaei

Postby oaei » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:26 am

I have the same problem!
I tried to take the script in the Installer folder, then the window for install appears, but with no textin it and it doesn't work either.

I hope they fix that soon!!!

diogocme

Postby diogocme » Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:29 am

Got this workaround from Fxpansion support, works for BFD3 (might work on other FXpansion products):

Download the installer (zip file) from FXpansion's website, make a "fxdownloads" folder on your desktop and place the zip file there. Run Terminal and type the following:

cd Desktop

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine fxdownloads

Go back to that "fxdownloads" folder, double click the zip and now you should have a working installer.

cignosound@gmail.com

Postby cignosound@gmail.com » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:46 am

Thanks that works for me to :-)

spikey3

Postby spikey3 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:46 pm

diogocme wrote:Got this workaround from Fxpansion support, works for BFD3 (might work on other FXpansion products):

Download the installer (zip file) from FXpansion's website, make a "fxdownloads" folder on your desktop and place the zip file there. Run Terminal and type the following:

cd Desktop

xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine fxdownloads

Go back to that "fxdownloads" folder, double click the zip and now you should have a working installer.

I can confirm that this also works with other products, as I had to use this when I reinstalled "Heavy". THANKS!!!!!

embracingdusk

Postby embracingdusk » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 pm

@diogocme: thanks a million for posting this... Helped me out as well!
Cheers!
Tom

evris

Postby evris » Sun Jan 22, 2017 11:48 am

Hi I have the same issue with BFD3 and macOS Sierra.

I tried the terminal method described above, but the error appears again. One problem is that the installer .zip expands automatically and I have to compress it again......????

Also if I locate the .fis file from the installer folder the installation window appears corrupt..Any thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sonic_echidna

Postby sonic_echidna » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:35 am

I'm having the same problem as Evris - the buttons are blank and I can't choose the installation size. Didn't have any other issue with the installer.

Brand new 13" MBP (albeit the older model without touch strip). It almost looks like a graphics problem.

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 6.48.19 pm.png

Lawrence_fx

Postby Lawrence_fx » Wed Feb 01, 2017 4:02 pm

The installer for v3.1.4.5 has now been updated - please re-download this installer, which should contain the word 'signed' in the filename. This will allow for successful installation on MacOS Sierra.

Return to “BFD3”